Clay shooting magazines

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Smith

Apart from Pull and Sporting Shooter, which other clay magazines are available in the UK please?

Apart from Pull and Sporting Shooter, which other clay magazines are available in the UK please?
Clay Shooting is an online magazine. To be honest, none of them are really worth spending any money on as there’s nothing new worth reading. They just go over the same old stuff from a slightly different angle.

The only magazine I do find interesting is Clay Target Nation. It’s posted monthly to the UK although you need to be a NSSA/NSCA member to receive it. Membership is only $20 and is worth that for the magazine alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clay Shooting is an online magazine. To be honest, none of them are really worth spending any money on as there’s nothing new worth reading. They just go over the same old stuff from a slightly different angle.

The only magazine I do find interesting is Clay Target Nation. It’s posted monthly to the UK although you need to be a NSSA/NSCA member to receive it. Membership is only $20 and is worth that for the magazine alone.
You can get it free on line but you have to put up with our American cousins over analysing everything!🤣😂

When I started the hobby in 2008 I consumed everything in sight - the truth is the mags can really only cover  guns/carts/clothing/grounds/competitions and after that the rest of the magazine is advertising content - the CPSA's Pull publication has improved markedly over that time and as Jan has already said most really aren't worth the money.

I joined the CPSA nearly a month ago, when is Pull due through the letterbox?? 

I can't remember the publishing dates but new members are sent the online version by default. To receive the actual magazine log into the members area on their website and change your preferences.

PM.

I can't remember the publishing dates but new members are sent the online version by default. To receive the actual magazine log into the members area on their website and change your preferences.

PM.
I opted for online version years ago. I then realised I hadn’t seen it for ages. It’s all available online but they don’t  email you to say new mag available. Daft. 

Pull is usually delivered in last week of the publication month, bi-monthly during late Autumn / Winter think there are 10 issues over course of the year. 

Agree about CTN. Always at least one useful article/tip by a champion shooter.

I used to subscribe to ClayShooting USA, excellent content even though it was about sporting clays only in the States.

Still online today, but the magazine was very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull is usually delivered in last week of the publication month, bi-monthly during late Autumn / Winter think there are 10 issues over course of the year. 
Thanks Richard, I just need to check my online setting to make sure I get a printed version……I like to take one into the bathroom 😊

I opted for online version years ago. I then realised I hadn’t seen it for ages. It’s all available online but they don’t  email you to say new mag available. Daft. 
Good shout Will, I’ll check my online preferences 👍

My dad had to ring the cpsa to get a printed copy even when selected in his options, they were really good though and sorted it out straight away and sent him all the back dated copies he had missed as well. Couldn't fault the service from the girls in the office.

Back