choice of chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martindd

I'm thinking of buying some extended in vector chokes(teague) for my Miroku 7000 I've been shooting skeet and a little sporting.

Which selection of chokes would you recommend?

Cheers Martin.

I have a few tend to stick to 1/4 & 3/8 or 1/2 and 3/4 these are teague extended I have some ported don't bother they just make your gun dirty IMO (browning invector so same chokes)

Calling Nick Truter.......!!

Last edited:
Nick Truter of Just Choking.

He can give you the full sp on Muller chokes.

I have Teague Chokes in my 425.

i use 3/8 3/8 & it will smash a clay at any distance as long as i put lead in right place..

i wanted a pair of Mullers but my gun is Thin Walled Teagues so no Muller available..

I have Teague Chokes in my 425.

i use 3/8 3/8 & it will smash a clay at any distance as long as i put lead in right place..

i wanted a pair of Mullers but my gun is Thin Walled Teagues so no Muller available..

My names not Nick but Ive been a good customer of his and Mullers, U2s will kill any sporting target the pattern through mine translates to 3/8 or 1/2 depending on cartridge.

like the idea of putting the same choke in each barrel, hmmmm one trunk on the M74/M6 for each Muller choke, with enough left over for 4 boxes of carts, now that would make the tedium bearable :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of buying some extended in vector chokes(teague) for my Miroku 7000 I've been shooting skeet and a little sporting.

Which selection of chokes would you recommend?

Cheers Martin.
I like Muller Chokes, it has to be said.  But if they aren't in your budget right now, Teagues are great.

As has been said, a pair of 1/4's will do Skeet and sporting.  Slightly tight for skeet, but not really an issue.  It would be a compromise.

If you can, go for a pair of Skeet and a pair of 1/2's. You don't have to worry about which barrel to choose, if they are both the same. If one is a bit close, stick a skeet choke in :)

I like Muller Chokes, it has to be said. But if they aren't in your budget right now, Teagues are great.

As has been said, a pair of 1/4's will do Skeet and sporting. Slightly tight for skeet, but not really an issue. It would be a compromise.

If you can, go for a pair of Skeet and a pair of 1/2's. You don't have to worry about which barrel to choose, if they are both the same. If one is a bit close, stick a skeet choke in :)

if you were to buy 3 which would chose?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 2 x Muller U2's for all my Skeet & Sporting - I'm still finding my feet after a 25 year break - I also use a U2/U4 Combo for DTL - tonight I shot a round of Sporting with 2 x U3's in - 26 good kills, next round I used 2 x U2's 27 Good kills - was it the slightly more open choke ?? Probably !! ;)

Latest posts

Back