Cammo for Clays.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The accidental discharge in the clubhouse wasn't caused by camouflage and I'm sure the Police would be equally interested if the people hurt were wearing Top Hat and Tails or Realtree's latest pattern.

We need to get real a moment. Camo at an informal straw baler is not a problem. At a registered event it is banned for good reason. We already have a level of professionalism in place. If it is seen during registered comps then the ground owners taking the money are at fault.

You can't expect the occasional clay shooter to put on his Sunday best at his village fund raiser when he is usually in his normal shooting gear when he gets his gun out of the cabinet, but you can restrict him from shooting on a registered event.

I think we and the CPSA may be barking up the wrong tree !

Many , many Wildfowlers / Duckhunters  (especially in The States ) can put us to shame with safety codes of practice and shooting ability.

Would you say that Mickey Rouse with his cut off shorts complete with testicle hanging loose, or Ben the Pen with his pink toenails were unsafe shots?

Of course not !

Would you say that a serving soldier in DPM should be banned from shooting, should Beckie MacKenzie be banned from wearing ultra tight shorts? Certainly not !

What we require is perfect gun safety and manners and SENSIBLE dress code.

Sadly I have personally witnessed many people not saying a word about unsafe conduct at shooting grounds until this little miserable bar steward said something, then when I have calmed down and bollocked those that said nothing,  they have meekly said " I didn't want to cause a fuss ".

Get real, Flashing Blue Lights cause a hell of a disruption.

Morning.......

145iyv.jpg

Don't like golf do like polo shirts and there dress code, apart from stupid girl coloured trousers at times.

Do like tweed do wear tweed but i think that again it does not fit with clay shooting as its same as cammo it implies killing things.

I think the Cpsa dress code is correct and as long as no public see straw baler type shooting clobber they can dress like action man if thats what turns them on.

Well this is my normal shooting attire, I no longer wear the white gloves due to peer pressure, I now have black ones.........................

post-951-0-08819300-1406712523.png

Attachments

• DTL.png
    DTL.png
    782.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Les, are those denim jeans!!

IPS will be along in a minute to point out the error of your ways :)

DT

Les, are those denim jeans!!

IPS will be along in a minute to point out the error of your ways :)

DT
Yes Greg, they are Denim jeans mate! In fact when I saw him over at SC last time I was wearing them and he didn't say a word!!!! :spiteful:   Check the pic.....these will REALLY get him, MAROON deck shoes!!! :laugh:
post-951-0-80758000-1406714682.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20140730_001.jpg
    WP_20140730_001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Les....hand...forend ....girly close....discuss :laugh:

IPS good deckies....where did you get those :wink:

He must have been having an off day! Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Nah! In the flesh he's a really nice guy, a proper Gentleman.

Only on the forum he's a grumpy old b*****d!  :sarcastic: I do get the impression he might say "Boo! to a goose" if pressured though?

Nah! In the flesh he's a really nice guy, a proper Gentleman.

Only on the forum he's a grumpy old b*****d!  :sarcastic: I do get the impression he might say "Boo! to a goose" if pressured though?
Ha......just wait until he gets here!!!!!

Jeez. I leave you alone for 2 hrs and look what happens.

a - I get a lot of stick (but thanks for sticking up for me TD)

b - Les buys maroon read it again maroon deckys.

PS

Yes me good old mate Les was wearing denim at SC but I refrained from casting judgment, he is after all a local yokel that possibly knows no better. I cant remember exactly what TD was wearing (it was too foggy to see) but I do not recall it being particularly offensive to the eye.

I have a fashion treat for Phils this sat but sshhh keep it quiet he may be listening he is a sneaky sod

Jeez. I leave you alone for 2 hrs and look what happens.

a - I get a lot of stick (but thanks for sticking up for me TD)

b - Les buys maroon read it again maroon deckys.

PS

Yes me good old mate Les was wearing denim at SC but I refrained from casting judgment, he is after all a local yokel that possibly knows no better. I cant remember exactly what TD was wearing (it was too foggy to see) but I do not recall it being particularly offensive to the eye.

I have a fashion treat for Phils this sat but sshhh keep it quiet he may be listening he is a sneaky sod
Please tell me that you're not going to shoot in those sparkly gold speedo's Ian !!!! They will clash with the camo bandana and the green wellies!!! :spiteful:

Mmmm interesting idea, I think there could be something in it. I'm sure that i've see clays deliberately jump whilst I fire at them, on more than one occation! Might invest in some camo, to catch the buggers out!

Please tell me that you're not going to shoot in those sparkly gold speedo's Ian !!!! They will clash with the camo bandana and the green wellies!!! :spiteful:
You have spoiled the surprise now mate :(

You have spoiled the surprise now mate :(
Well check this out!!!! This is what we trendies at Southern Counties are wearing these days! 

post-951-0-36842700-1406724108.jpg

Attachments

• imagesCAMVPJSZ.jpg
    imagesCAMVPJSZ.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back