Blaser F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Bubb

I have been looking at the Blaser F3, I see they do a F3 Pro and a F3 sporter, The sporter is over £1000 cheaper, is the difference just the added adjustable weight system, or is there more to it than that. Thanks Chris.

I have been looking at the Blaser F3, I see they do a F3 Pro and a F3 sporter, The sporter is over £1000 cheaper, is the difference just the added adjustable weight system, or is there more to it than that. Thanks Chris.
The early ones were a tad troublesome here and there and were considered too light for serious clay work, Blaser addressed the issues with the Pro version and so long as the styling is to your liking the later ones and the new stuff are really very good. 

Whether they deserve the £6.5+k - £12k price tag is open to debate. I personally don't like the ultra thin action and hate the bulbous barrel ends that accommodate the chokes so with anything over £3k to spend I believe there are one or two better new buys and a stack of better used buys.

Not a fan of the styling myself.

If I was in the market and wanted other than P or B I would consider zoli or if budget would stretch a kemen. I love kemen they handle and shoot superb.

Kemen is a great gun really like mine.

The F3 is a cracking tool I went to buy one but the K80 caught my eye. if I was not in to my K80 it would be on my shopping list.

With so many top shots using them there must be something in it. Kinger, Paul Thomas, John Bidwell and Wayne Martin don't really think they would chose to shoot with second rate equipment.

Chris. They have almost the whole range of demo guns at Churchills, as long as your not left handed, you can do a round with them see which one suits you best.

They even have a £55000.00 one locked away.

My mate bought a Blaser F3 and shoots very well with it, personally I don't think they deserve the price tag. Don't like the bulge to accommodate the chokes, and the general finnish. In my opinion there are better value guns on the market, but at the end of the day it's whatever works for you!

Thanks for all the replies so far, I did have one of the early F3's when I first started shooting, but to be honest I didn't know about gunfit or stance, so it was wasted on me. Since then I have had Browning, CG, and 3 DT10's. I tried a new F3 recently and liked it, but I dont know weather it was a Pro or a sporter. So if anybody knows the difference between the two I would be interested.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I did have one of the early F3's when I first started shooting, but to be honest I didn't know about gunfit or stance, so it was wasted on me. Since then I have had Browning, CG, and 3 DT10's. I tried a new F3 recently and liked it, but I dont know weather it was a Pro or a sporter. So if anybody knows the difference between the two I would be interested.
The Pro is supplied with a deluxe case, and the barrel and stock weights/balancers, the sporter has a standard ABS case and no weights. Better wood grade on the Pro to.
I've just switched from an F3 Pro to the Supersport and I love it. Keeps my head up and on the stock, really improves peripheral vision to.

Last edited by a moderator:
shot the new F3 Vantage highrib  at coley's today .....awesome ...would change heel pad and remove dayglow red bead personally but  other than that it is a perfect tool for modern day targets ...........go have a pop and see ?

Thanks for that Bisondan, I thought it was just the weight system, but didn't know weather it had a cheaper trigger mechanism.

Clynt, I tried the high rib system on a CG aspect, but couldn't get on with it. So looking at standard rib. I might go up Monday though just to have a go.

Just a bit of additional information regarding the choke tubes on the F3. On my F3 Pro Sport, the choke swaging is a lot less pronounced than the previous version. Not sure if this is across the full range though, but suspect it is - a lot better in my opinion.

post-147-0-94124300-1426364305.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
I am using a loaned gun from EJCHURCHILL. It is an F3 Professional, with all the balance weight stuff. Extended briley chokes. Standard rib, nice wood (what I would call around grade 3 or 4) and it is £4,700 new if you want one. the look of the action is functional, not aspirational, but well made for sure. I think it's very nice, very usable and all that balance stuff to fiddle with if needed. Seriously thinking about one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Blaser AT2 Supetrap sitting in my cabinet, bought new by me from Bywell last August cased with all the extras & 6 chokes

£4250

Just a bit of additional information regarding the choke tubes on the F3. On my F3 Pro Sport, the choke swaging is a lot less pronounced than the previous version. Not sure if this is across the full range though, but suspect it is - a lot better in my opinion.
Can't believe you've got a U1 in the bottoms barrel, what are you scared of . :)

Hi

I've had a F3 Pro for about a year, my second gun.

Honestly amazing gun, very, very happy with it - I tried a lot of other guns first and it just worked for me.

I was meh on the weights system, and it's been a God-send to be honest - over the year I've completely changed the balance of the gun from my default and couldn't be happier.

Interesting question on the price, it's the whole diminishing returns thing - is a K80 worth that much etc? Well it is if you want to buy one.

For me, taking (say) a 725 as the base - do I consider it worth the extra x number of £1000s on top?

If you look purely at how the wood looks, or the engraving - clearly not.

But for me, the default balance of the gun, the feeling of the engineering, the triggers (which I think are superb), the balance system - yes I can justify it.

Simple answer, I feel I shoot better with it and enjoy shooting it far more than guns which cost maybe £2000 less.

And I feel that for my ability, I wouldn't get enough out of spending another 3-4000 to notice - so it's at the right price point for me.

Pete

Latest posts

Back