bettinsoli high rib sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diver682

Anyone on here got a bettinsoli high rib sporter or tried one ... whats it like

Never had one but tried some Bettinsoli guns a long while back. Basically they are viewed as bargain basement guns, not that popular. Knew a couple of guys who had them, but they soon got shot of em!

Likewise I have known a couple of friends who bought them but never kept them beyond a few months.

Definitely a case for try before you buy, I have tried various different models of Bettinsoli and most of the triggers were rubbish. Oh, and I shoot a Miroku, you know,...the one with rubbish triggers, bent nail firing pins and all the rest of that c..p. 

Westley -  I have a Miroku as well and now I am thinking I will have to sell it and buy a 'good' gun!

There you go then, problem over ...............weigh it in for TWO Bettinsoli's.

Sent from my Laptop using TWO fingers now,a good single malt, that ! 

I see it like this, Bettinsoli's , rizzini's Guerini's, are for the bling factor and little money, (and worth sod all second hand) ,yes I know you can get expensive ones ( still crap though )

Miroku, beretta, are for the serious shooter through the classes, and value for money,( always people wanting good second hand examples )

P,guns and k,guns are for the ones that aspire to be at the top of the tree, or for people with more money than sense, ( very good value second hand ) but still expensive.

My point is, go middle of the road, you will live to regret buying any of the first three.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it is Guerini need to be moved up a level into the Beretta & Miroku category at the very least and yes they do hold their value in the second hand market..........just saying

Neil, I have three friends that currently use a Guerini, all AAA and they shoot them very well, one even winning the English open

(With a beretta). All would like their old guns back, as the amount of shooting they do (at least 3 registered a week) they tell me that they are not as hardy as beretta's or miroku's,

I even owned one myself, and won the British open in B class with it, but had terrible trouble when I wanted to part ex it

It's a horses for courses thing, they look very pretty but I don't think they have anywhere the build quality of the miroku or beretta

This is just my opinion, if you have a gun and you shoot it well, who cares what make it is, or how much it costs

Miroku/Beretta/Browning are the market leaders with good reason,proven capability !

As for Bettinsoli,well...............

Having owned a Browning, Beretta and Guerini, there's little to choose between them in terms of quality. My Browning had an issue with the top lever from new. Easily fixed, but the 2 Guerinis have been excellent.

Personally, I think if you scour the internet enough, you will find enough bad press to discourage you from buying anything. This is particularly prevelant with cars.

The only sure way is to see for yourself and so far, after almost 2 years and countless '000s of rounds through my Guerinis they have been perfect. I also traded one to buy another and got very close to what I paid for it the year before.

Lastly, maybe it's just me, but I am really struggling to see how someone can shoot so much that they start to wear out their gun. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough and need to shoot more to really highlight my guns bad points.

I see it like this, Bettinsoli's , rizzini's Guerini's, are for the bling factor and little money, (and worth sod all second hand) ,yes I know you can get expensive ones ( still crap though )

Miroku, beretta, are for the serious shooter through the classes, and value for money,( always people wanting good second hand examples )

P,guns and k,guns are for the ones that aspire to be at the top of the tree, or for people with more money than sense, ( very good value second hand ) but still expensive.

My point is, go middle of the road, you will live to regret buying any of the first three.
That's about as good advice as anyone could give... well said Ashley!!

Having owned a Browning, Beretta and Guerini, there's little to choose between them in terms of quality. My Browning had an issue with the top lever from new. Easily fixed, but the 2 Guerinis have been excellent.

Personally, I think if you scour the internet enough, you will find enough bad press to discourage you from buying anything. This is particularly prevelant with cars.

The only sure way is to see for yourself and so far, after almost 2 years and countless '000s of rounds through my Guerinis they have been perfect. I also traded one to buy another and got very close to what I paid for it the year before.

Lastly, maybe it's just me, but I am really struggling to see how someone can shoot so much that they start to wear out their gun. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough and need to shoot more to really highlight my guns bad points.
A lot of gun issues are caused by lack of correct maintenance.

Not servicing them, oiling and greasing them properly.

Only today whilst out shooting my mates Perazzi's trigger started playing up.

He's had the gun 8 years shot 1000,s of shells through it and never had it serviced.

Oil dry's out leaving the additives behind which make a sticky goo.

Primers in shells are made to hard and breaking firing pins. K's are notorious for holing primers.

Good shells give clean reliability. You get what you pay for.

It's not always the guns fault.

Back