Best semi auto for sporting clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont buy a BREDA 930I as i have one with the chrome inside flaking off at the Long forcing cone area. Viking Arms say it would be 6 MONTHS + TO GET A SPARE BARREL.

So this gun is getting cut up by a gunsmith and getting removed from my cert, it is the Red & Silver 930i Sporter 🤬  .  Go for a BERETTA .  👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw at least 6 of them being used last Wednesday.  Albeit not a registered shoot, but ladies and old men ( myself included) seem to favour them.  I use mine when my neck/shoulder causes problems, but I always use it for skeet.
I shot the Beretta Worlds on Friday and 3 of our 6 man squad were shooting autos! Mind you, all 3 admitted that they were borrowed as they usually shot other brands 🤣

Well I have owned and used a Berretta  A400 now for about 8 years for sporting /sporttrap and I think its a fantastic gun shame they carn't do some thing to catch the cartridges ha' ha' all you need to do then is keep it clean

I believe that shell catchers for sale just catch one empty cartridge, not much good over here.
You may think so but don’t worry, I have the solution to your problems:

0649AB2B-6B65-40C8-835C-685F8F46D3A8.png

Granted, it’s not pretty but then nor is a semi-automatic shotgun. No longer will you irritate ground owners lobbing cartridge cases everywhere. Hell, they may even let you onto a trap line!

Last edited by a moderator:
You may think so but don’t worry, I have the solution to your problems:

View attachment 9027

Granted, it’s not pretty but then nor is a semi-automatic shotgun. No longer will you irritate ground owners lobbing cartridge cases everywhere. Hell, they may even let you onto a trap line!
That's just and old bag 😄 Semi- auto are dinosours in Trap shooting now. When I started shooting an awful lot of Remington 1100's were used by a lot of good shot's because compared to a decent O/U they were cheap and Hull Cartridge were very good at looking after their customers.

32gm was the load in those day's but you could shoot an auto with very little recoil as most of the Trap guns were quite light guns compared to what is used today. 

I love my A400 Xcel Black Edition. It blasts everything out of the sky and is extremely reliable. I have only put new ammo through it, so I can not speak for how it cycles reloads.

Baretta 302 for me.Drop in multichokes,cycles anything and a pleasure to use.

I usually shoot an o/u but due to an old shoulder injury,the 302 gets used a bit more these days.

Back