Beretta SL2 release

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What it comes down to is that Beretta is rich enough that they can afford to throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Personally I couldn't contemplate buying a shotgun that costs as much as a small car, regardless of who makes it, but those who would spend that amount probably want a bit more prestige to the brand such as Purdey, Longthorne, Fabbri etc.
I just don’t buy into the Beretta rich enough take, what they do have is an arrogance that some muppet somewhere will pay for it because they have the money. I think they’re going to get a shock over the next few months when things start to tighten up financially for a lot of people. These guns will more than likely find there ways into sponsoring deals for shooters. 
Coupled with the above quite a few of my fellow shooters have had far too many issues with new 2022 DT11 guns coming out of the Beretta   Italy factory, also with GMK’s level of service dropping even further below their usual low standard makes it hard to keep any confidence with the brand. I genuinely believe Beretta took a massive hit with regards to personnel over the covid period loosing some key workers resulting in poor quality control and decisions.  

I genuinely believe Beretta took a massive hit with regards to personnel over the covid period loosing some key workers resulting in poor quality control and decisions.  
Nothing new there. It was their non existent quality control back around 2010 - 2016 and the dismal performance by GMK that turned me permanently off from Beretta.

In a nutshell, my opinion of the SL 2 is that it answers a question no one asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing new there. It was their non existent quality control back around 2010 - 2016 and the dismal performance by GMK that turned me permanently off from Beretta.

In a nutshell, my opinion of the SL 2 is that it answers a question no one asked.
I totally agree, I’ve just gotten into that same boat with regards to Beretta as well, due to endless issues with new Guns. Now looking towards pastures new. 

I’ve been a Beretta O/U shooter since 1978 and a big fan for most, but not all, of their guns. 
Let’s first remember that Beretta is a corporation who’s job it is to sell more products than the previous year. This is the reason that they often solve problems that don’t exist so gullible  consumers get lulled into buying the latest and greatest “stuff!”

I currently shoot a DT11 at bunker trap and Beretta certainly hit a home run with this model. None better in my opinion. The SL2 seems to be their quest to tap into the uppermost portion of the clays market but honestly they will fail with this model because a bespoke Perazzi runs thousands less than the purported 20k that this model will cost. 
Beretta does build some great guns but honestly they need to fire their marketing department as well as the ninnies who came up with the SL2!

Tried a new DT11 Demo at a ground, they handed it to me after closing it, I tried to open it and the lever wouldn't budge. Handed it back and with quite a bit of effort they managed to get it open. Shot 50 rounds with it and on occasions the lever would stick again and require quite some force to open, ok when you'd shot it but closing and slipping the gun and moving to the next stand it seemed to stick then.

Looking at the finish on the wood at that price range I would have expected more to be honest, nothing to do with the grade of wood,just the finished article didn't seem to match the price band

Tried a new DT11 Demo at a ground, they handed it to me after closing it, I tried to open it and the lever wouldn't budge. Handed it back and with quite a bit of effort they managed to get it open. Shot 50 rounds with it and on occasions the lever would stick again and require quite some force to open, ok when you'd shot it but closing and slipping the gun and moving to the next stand it seemed to stick then.

Looking at the finish on the wood at that price range I would have expected more to be honest, nothing to do with the grade of wood,just the finished article didn't seem to match the price band
Genuinely doesn’t surprise me, exactly the same issues I had with 2 of the DT11’s I had. What model of DT11 was it? 

Back