Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even nastier when someone stands on it :spiteful: :spiteful: . Stop taking the pee or I won't let you play with my next new toy whatever it may be!! :haha: :haha:  Are you still using the Evo's?
I got through the thou already, playing with the Superbs until the next fatal price rise. :mda:

Just read the advert for the 692 that was with the pull mag.it seems my 682 only has 65mm forcing cones which is absolutely pathetic i'am suprised the shot even makes it to the end of the barrel.the 692s cones are 5 and a half times longer.so i immediately rang my local gunshop and ordered one,was going to trade in my 682 but as the shop owner said "no one wants old technology these days" so i just scrapped it.with 360mm forcing cones i'am sure to be in AAA in all disciplines by the summer and probably an england team or two.

chippy

I've never been one to rush and out and buy the new model of anything, be it car, phone or gun. I'd rather wait for the glitches to be ironed out and the recalls or software updates to take effect.

With this in mind, I have just treated myself to a 682 Gold E on the basis that it has probably been stress tested by a few reasonable shooters by now.

Im waiting for the first rubber tip on the top lever to go flying across the stand and hit the trapper in the face.

SAR Navy Diver friend of my son won't fly in a Mk 1 of anything on the basis that they are the prototypes off the production line. When there's a Mk 2 version it get's the thumbs up! Still avoiding Merlins and prefers Sea Kings, I believe.

Who said there is a shortage of 692s, just counted 30 for sale on Guntrader 30 & 32" !!

Cant wait too see a trap one in the flesh they look really nice.

Ditto!

Took it to wkss and am really impressed!

Ac

post-419-0-20478900-1369133851.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
as a lifelong beretta fan I went to my dealer to look at the 30 inch 692 they had in stock with a view to buying one as soon as I saw it I did not like the wood it was I thought very plain for a gun in that price range for a sporter it felt very light and I got them to remove the forend from a dt10 and held the two my guess is the 692 has a lot of alloy in its build I was not taken by this gun at all and that pains me to say that,however the ride home was made sweeter by the fact that I bought the dt10 and am very happy with my choice.

as a lifelong beretta fan I went to my dealer to look at the 30 inch 692 they had in stock with a view to buying one as soon as I saw it I did not like the wood it was I thought very plain for a gun in that price range for a sporter it felt very light and I got them to remove the forend from a dt10 and held the two my guess is the 692 has a lot of alloy in its build I was not taken by this gun at all and that pains me to say that,however the ride home was made sweeter by the fact that I bought the dt10 and am very happy with my choice.
This is the first negative review that I am aware of especially from an apparently dedicated Beretta fan.  I would welcome a bit more insight from you on this matter which might help myself and others.

Was the DT10 that you bought a new gun or second-hand?  I am only wondering if your budget was limited to approximately the price of a 692.  If not, did you consider a DT11 and did you choose the DT10 in preference to a DT11?

What are your thoughts on the DT11 in relation to the DT10?

I've yet to even see a 692 but the only thing that would prevent me getting one is if I feel the weight is not there.

Ahhh dt10 is a nice balanced comp gun it suited me well I shot like a demon with it and regret selling it . 682gold e again nice gun shot ok with it (more recoil) 692 different beast altogether shoots smoother than 682 not as smooth as dt 10 half the price of dt11 yeah baby

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

I've been posting about my 692 acquisition in he '692 vs DT11' thread but this thread seems more 692 specific so I've jumped over.

Much to my suprise I collected my 32" 692 from the dealer last Friday having originally been told it would be July at the earliest. Sadly due to the typically crud weather here in Stoke I've not had chance to take the gun out for a spin yet - but I have spent a bit of time playing around with it over the weekend and can give you a quick update with a full 'how it shoots' report to follow once its been out!

The first thing I've noticed about the 692 is the overall quality of finish and wood to metal fit. This is my 3rd Beretta with the previous two being the current Silver Pigeon 1 Sporter and more recently the SV10 Prevail, both of which were very good in quality terms but the 692 does seem to have gone up a notch and feels more DT11 like in terms of finish but I suppose this is to be expected given it carries a higher RRP than the previous two. I seem to recall somewhere that the 682 Gold E's were made in the same workshop as the DT10's (a different workshop to the regular 686 series guns) so perhaps the same applies with the 692/DT11?

The woodwork is very nice indeed and I'm delighted with it (photos below). I guess there's no way of knowing if this level of woodwork will be maintained over the lifespan of the gun or if I've just been lucky with having picked up one of the first 32's to make it to the UK. I'm not sure what 'finish' is used on the woodwork but it certainly looks oiled and the wood looks well prepared and close grained.

In the hands the gun feels very nice indeed, it feels 'fuller' than my Prevail (which I wanted) with a nice, sensible sized palm swell without being overly chunky like the DT11. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love the feel of the DT11 so I'm not knocking it, but its a bit too much for me personally

The recoil pad is one of the new 'micro core' styles and it does seem to strike a good balance between providing a decent grip without being too 'snaggy' when you mount the gun, so it feels nice to use so far.

The new composite top lever 'appears' to be very well put together and 'looks' like it will be durable. According to the GMK rep I saw at the English Open last week the top lever is steel as normal but a hard rubber outer coating is bonded to it to give a better feel. The top lever is also slightly shaped to the right to suit the thumb which seems a nice touch.

One other thing I noticed when I was putting in my Muller chokes was just how easily they screwed in and out compared to my Prevail which used the same choke system. With the 692 I can fully tighten and remove the chokes by hand whereas with the Prevail I had to use a Teague choke key to get them fully seated or take them out.

The hard case the 692 comes in is very nice and finished in silver with 3 combination locks. The tool kit has been pared back a bit from the Gold E I believe and consists of the following.

Choke box with 5 x Optima HP extended chokes (they have the coloured bands on the end)

Small screwdriver to adjust the trigger

Stock removal bolt

Bottle of oil

Spare Micro-core recoil pad (slightly longer than the one that's on the gun)

Something that wasn't in the tool kit that I thought would be we're the balancing shims for the B-fast system. I queried this with the dealer and they said the gun was balanced at the factory but that more could be added or removed as required (and presumably purchased separately). I must admit though the gun does seem to balance beautifully, and bang on the hinge pin so this would seem to bear the explanation out.

I think I've covered the main points so far and I hope this helps build a picture. Fingers crossed I'll get to get out over the coming Bank Holiday weekend either to my local ground (Doveridge) for a few rounds of skeet or maybe do a local registered. Either way once I've put a bit of lead through it I shall report back.

Many thanks,

Iggy.

post-316-0-74672200-1369175368.jpg

post-316-0-47816400-1369175378.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Does the stock comb feel at all low as has been commented upon by others or does it just happen to suit you?
Not to me no. Although I'm not a fan of 'face weld' and have light but firm face contact with the gun I've no problem seeing just the right amount of rib. I've not tried this but I'd say you could do the old £ coin trick at the receiver and see the whole bead above it.

I'd say the sight picture is very similar to my last gun (SV10 Prevail) and like the SV10 I'd say the 692 probably has a bit more cast than other Berettas I've tried previously such as the SP1.

Hope this helps.

Iggy.

Back