Back at it after a 5 month break.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Well, After shooting like a complete muppet at the British Open last year I hadn't shot registered skeet for 5 months and only 125 birds in practice so decided to book on for the registered at the NCSC today. It was windier than the lobby at a baked bean eating competition of finals day.. I'm 6' 5" and over 20 stone and was getting blown about to give you an idea!! We were short squadded and there were only 3 of us so our starting range was changed last minute so we headed out. It was the first time shooting with the new eye closing technique and had also run through the sequence over the last few days and applying the techniques Ed has taught me for sporting. I shot fairly consistently, 20, 21, 20, 21 for 82ex100 and was shooting it with SKT so with steel shells 14 in effect. I was 4th in C when I left and nowhere near last, 89 was winning C, there were A and B class scores in the 70's and not a single ton on the board.  Pete Stanton-Hope's 98 was high gun when I left and reckon that was about right given the conditions. I shot over the top of 2 or 3 that dived and some other silly ones and reckon I left 9 or 10 out there that should have been dead.  My timing and cadence was all over the place so time to practice :)  Feeling shattered now. Jon.

Just had a look at the scores, well done Jon, must have been a challenging shoot. Looks like Alan Warren got it with a 98. Couldn't make this one, family weekend, but maybe shoot the next skeet registered, just to remember what it's like.

Cheers Bob :)  It was tough, my memory was flawed it was Allen Warren with a 98 that won it. Beating 2 A class, a B and several C.. Not complaining and the wind was worse when we were out. Need to practice.. sights set on the EO and BO this year :)  Hope you both had a great weekend :)  Jon.

Latest posts

Back