Any good for my first gun?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allport

post-2409-0-03164900-1389476052.jpg

If it's not obvious from the vinyl, it's a browning cynergy 2004, apparently in mint condition £1100. Mainly going to shoot DTL at Manchester clay pigeon club maybe more, would this be a suitable first gun? spoke to Kate grime last year and she reckons 30in barrel is best for my size.

Thanx in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
I've no direct experience of the Cynergy but not heard great things.
Could be wrong.

I really wanted one when I started shooting. Liked the look of them specially the wooden versions.

Phill

Run a mile matey and don't turn around. Widely regarded by many as a Browning flop, the Cynergy does not have many friends. Look instead at say a 525, a Miroku MK38 (pick up an excellent quality trap f/c version for around £700) or a Beretta 68 series. Much better handling guns and easy to sell on if you fancy a change in the years ahead.

MM

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that if you do a search across the forums on here you won't find anyone who says anything other than that they are a pile of poo best avoided.

Plenty of good looks appeal but nothing of substance behind them

Look elsewhere for something better like a 525, 725 etc or Miroku 38 or a Beretta.

Have a day out one sat and visit the following you are bound to get fixed up with something suitable.

Bamfords - eccleston

macavoy - standish

malmo - forton

nwss - chester

ps

if Kate says you want a 30 then you want a 30 so don't be persuaded otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for your responses so quickly, I had read some reviews on the gun and now you have confirmed what I hoped you wouldn't. (liked the look of it). Think a drive over to one of the shops mentioned by ips above is in order. Thanks again guys and girls.

i have been to many grounds as most of us have and will say i have never seen anyone using one i would take that as a hint.

A good gun shop told me that Cynergys appeal to newish shooters who think they look interesting. I was this 'new shooter' and even the shop talked me into keeping my existing gun!

Latest posts

Back