Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlawsterOldCodger

British Open 2018

GlawsterOldCodger

Deserved its own thread one feels, am shooting both Sportrap (AM) & Sporting (PM) on thursday, having a full day, might even get brave & have dip the pool shoot too. Having shot the EO and felt bitterly dissapointed at my own lack of ability one will be going to the BO with no expectations whatsoever, for me its a big day out shooting and Ive every intention of smiling through the whole day.

To each and every one of you going do have a wonderful time, for near 100% of us its after all a hobby, possible, but I feel its going to be very big ask for the winner to be a fresh face

tiptop

Good luck Rich...try not to get to angry after the first stand.:wink:

Nearly thought about shooting the sportrap Thursday, (1 space left) as I'm just up the road picking the Beretta up. But then thought I can't be arsed.

GlawsterOldCodger
2 hours ago, tiptop said:

Good luck Rich...try not to get to angry after the first stand.:wink:

Nearly thought about shooting the sportrap Thursday, (1 space left) as I'm just up the road picking the Beretta up. But then though I can't be arsed.

Ha, at the EO my wheels fell off at the st5 rocket rabbit & lightning crosser, rang but KwikFit et all had already run out if stock so no rescue that day. Thursday MrAngry 🤬 wont be going, MrHappyClappy 😁 will 

Sian

SHooting both on Saturday although Tony had a hernia op yesterday so it might not be possible for him.  Like Rich I’m going for the day out, chat my way around and enjoy Mr Lovatt’s hard work.

Will Hewland

STR Thursday, ESP Friday for me. Been off form for a good while now, so will just enjoy the occasion hopefully!

Rupert

Saturday morning STR and  ESp in the afternoon, i think parking will be an issue

GlawsterOldCodger
48 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Saturday morning STR and  ESp in the afternoon, i think parking will be an issue

Trusting its not as A - ground will have plans afoot and B - Im not taking a 4x4

Rupert
24 minutes ago, GlawsterOldCodger said:

Trusting its not as A - ground will have plans afoot and B - Im not taking a 4x4

seen a layout plan and no additional car parking is indicated, its overflows on a good sunday so will be inadequate for this event, hope they have made plans to alleviate the problem rather than just like it or lump it

Doug Pinnegar

I’m really looking forward to shooting this. I’m in on Saturday but only for the sporting. 

Iggy

Looking forward to this too as it’s my ‘local’ shoot....on at 11.24am Friday 31st  

Hopefully it will be the same targets and normal and I’ll pop in a 115 😂

If you’ve not been before it’s  a beautiful ground and I’m really glad they’ve been given a chance to host it. 

Good luck everyone 👍

Doug Pinnegar

It's a 120 bird shoot I take it?

Iggy

I thought it was....maybe I’m wrong?

Sian
1 hour ago, Iggy said:

I thought it was....maybe I’m wrong?

ESP is 120 birds, STP 100

Doug Pinnegar
24 minutes ago, Sian said:

ESP is 120 birds, STP 100

Thank you, Sian. Highly likely I wouldn't have brought enough shells with me 😅

Iggy

Glad I mentioned it....wouldn’t want to bring too many 🙂

BenW

Scores are on my site

Will Hewland

Iggy

Some decent scores in already....

Steve Lovatt

Hi 

a great first day today 

for the person being negative about the car parking , you may notice there is a large grass field running along the main driveway !!! Honestly at times i fo wonder ??

Rupert

I see that field every time i go,  just because its green and flat and doesnt mean its parking, Is it designated as such? it doesnt indicate it on the layout plan sent out by the CPSA.

Doug Pinnegar

image.png.f248c8b7a2d161a7b8cf778f462bf398.png

In fairness, the extra parking isn't indicated but you've got to assume they've got it covered. It's not their first rodeo, so to speak.

I was expecting to see the Moorhen trap being used on the lake as you drive in. Was excited for a first attempt at a water target :D 

Will Hewland

The CPSA are maddening on social media. Lots of photos of shooters (wow) and the clubhouse. Picture of a dog. Some referees. Who gives a toss! Where is the live leaderboard or even occasional updates. FFS. 

Sian
2 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

The CPSA are maddening on social media. Lots of photos of shooters (wow) and the clubhouse. Picture of a dog. Some referees. Who gives a toss! Where is the live leaderboard or even occasional updates. FFS. 

Oh dear, I quite like seeing the photos of the shooters and refs.  Leaderboard not important to me as I ain't gonna be a leader ..  Ben is pretty good though at putting up the scores regularly.  PS the dog is gorgeous 😁

Clynt
1 hour ago, Will Hewland said:

as entries are full ,one would have thought there would be a breakdown of the cash payouts per class ,and how many places , this really pisses me off with the cpsa never seen a full breakdown of who won what and what for ........................

GlawsterOldCodger
4 minutes ago, Clynt said:

as entries are full ,one would have thought there would be a breakdown of the cash payouts per class ,and how many places , this really pisses me off with the cpsa never seen a full breakdown of who won what and what for ........................

Clynt, there is one pre-shoot & its on web, am sure someone more savvy than I can link it, when I saw it there were 1070 comp entries, breakdown & prize list for places, all by class more places in some due to comp numbers in each, as for post shoot not sure if its updated