British Open 2018

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I don't know if this is factual or not , but yesterday a chap was moaning that Arnie Palmer actually qualified about 34 th in his class on his nominated shoot day , but then qualified somehow or other for the Finals and ended up finishing third , if that is correct then there is something seriously wrong with the system .

This has happened every year since the qualification thing started.

If they are going to run qualification days then it should be the top 6 guns from each class, each day, go through to the finals, and shoot for the overall title and all class honours. The sub categories should then be decided by the top score for each one over the 5 days. IMO.

P.S. I would still like to see it first past the post though. :smile:

i really enjoyed this event I thought that steve put on some good hittable targets in both sporting and sportrap, my only gripes were that I couldn't find anywhere to park where my car wasn't getting hit by falling shot, and oakedge is a lovely piece of ground but why were so many targets affected by the sun?

I would love for there to be another big shoot there next year. 

well done steve

i really enjoyed this event I thought that steve put on some good hittable targets in both sporting and sportrap, my only gripes were that I couldn't find anywhere to park where my car wasn't getting hit by falling shot, and oakedge is a lovely piece of ground but why were so many targets affected by the sun?

I would love for there to be another big shoot there next year. 

well done steve
Let’s be clear. Targets are never affected by the sun; that assumes the sun is at fault. Targets may be thrown into the sun, which is unforgivable..

Latest posts

Back