Zoli

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez they are cheap ! Just not sure I'd chance my arm on one ?
Give one a try,you might like it! Costs nothing to try one mate. Miroku are cheap guns in the great scheme of things,but they are still fantastic guns. Costly guns don't make one shoot any better and I speak from experience!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true Less ...might take a run out over the Pennines , can you try them there ?

Yes Elizabeth you are correc! I just wish that if nice looking young women are to be used to promote our sport,they should look at what we already have! Surely this sport is not going to rely on celebs such as Mel,it may well be trendy hese days but I cannot see that it is necessary.
Maybe it's my cynical marketing side, and admittedly I hate press work with a passion because it so rarely achieves anything (apart from ego-stroking) for anyone except the people selling print, but I don't think this particular example of "promoting the sport" is going to be anything other than a bit of puff. Young Shots is promoting the sport.Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club is promoting the sport. Private companies offering introductory days are promoting the sport. All these examples involving telling people how and where to get their hands on a gun under instruction, and the best ones tell them how they can keep on shooting. This is tomorrows fish and chip wrappers, if you'll forgive an outdated phrase. Someone having private lessons at Holland & Holland is still pretty remote from the competing part of the sport.

I liked the Zoli gun I held. If I didn't have a perfectly good gun and I had a lot more money I'd consider them. We've got a Zoli open day running alongside Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club at Cambridge Gun Club next Saturday. Might have to have a try of some this time. 

Very true Less ...might take a run out over the Pennines , can you try them there ?
i may be wrong but i am nearly sure that they have a layout or use of one very close by. Suggest you give them a ring to confirm though.

I think they are great value and quite pleasing to the eye. I have not shot one but have handled a trap version and they felt very nice, i would have one if i was in the market. Cheap as chips by comparison to the obvious.

To be fair to Zoli, I suspect that their increasing number of publicity splashes (e.g. sponsoring the British Open at Hepworth Hall, expanding their dealership from just one shop, Fawcetts, to Edgar Brothers and now having a Zoli retail network of about 16 shops around Great Britain, events such as the S&CBC etc) is their tacit admittance that previously there were doing wrong and needed to go larger if they ever hoped to gain traction in the UK market, over and above how they were formerly perceived as a niche player. 

I suspect Mel Sykes is just the latest link in that publicity chain - and fair play to 'em.

Thing is would they not be better sponsoring a known and successful or at least an up and coming shooter. Surely no one is going to buy one just because a celeb with no shooting credibility has one. The only reason anyone buys a gun on the basis of someone else having one is when that someone is winning big shoots and they believe that it is the gun that is giving them the edge. How naive do these PR people think we are.

As for les's earlier comment regarding current lady shooters, your dead right mate we have some great women shooters of all ages all of which scrub up quite well and many of which have a proven record of wins at various levels so Mr zoli if you want shooters to take your sponsorship and your guns seriously and believe that having an attractive lady shoot one then take your pick of our many beautiful existing lady shooters already on the circuit and give them a deal. I would think more about the credibility of a gun if one of our own such as nic or ehb or jay chose to shoot one at least we know that they know what there taking about.

Ps. Sorry to any of lady forum members if i missed you out i needed a couple of quick examples

Ooh Ta.

You are my current favourite none zoli sponsored lady shooter :)

Thing is would they not be better sponsoring a known and successful or at least an up and coming shooter. Surely no one is going to buy one just because a celeb with no shooting credibility has one. The only reason anyone buys a gun on the basis of someone else having one is when that someone is winning big shoots and they believe that it is the gun that is giving them the edge. How naive do these PR people think we are.

As for les's earlier comment regarding current lady shooters, your dead right mate we have some great women shooters of all ages all of which scrub up quite well and many of which have a proven record of wins at various levels so Mr zoli if you want shooters to take your sponsorship and your guns seriously and believe that having an attractive lady shoot one then take your pick of our many beautiful existing lady shooters already on the circuit and give them a deal. I would think more about the credibility of a gun if one of our own such as nic or ehb or jay chose to shoot one at least we know that they know what there taking about.

Ps. Sorry to any of lady forum members if i missed you out i needed a couple of quick examples
Marketing is not just about selling mate: another important aspect is raising brand awareness amongst the hordes of the great unwashed (i.e. you and me :) ).

As for sponsoring shooters, to my knowledge, Zoli are sponsoring three of the UK's top men and ladies shooters. I also hear that they may be looking at an extremely promising Colt...

Marketing is not just about selling mate: another important aspect is raising brand awareness amongst the hordes of the great unwashed (i.e. you and me :) ).

As for sponsoring shooters, to my knowledge, Zoli are sponsoring three of the UK's top men and ladies shooters. I also hear that they may be looking at an extremely promising Colt...
point taken i was not aware of the current sponsorship but still don't get the celeb thing. I stand by my statement re- sponsoring existing proven lady shooters

I was very careful to be suitably vague...but he is from Ull, you are from Lancashire and I am such a Yorkshire girl through and through you wouldn't believe it...

We might have to have a shoot off...

Latest posts

Back