World Sporting 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are saying that 21 times Champion George Digweed MBE and Cheryl are not serious? True story!

The point is that we don't even charge that much and all complain (exept Steve)
No I was not saying that as you well know. I was disagreeing with the post above.

Could I suggest that you don't scan read as you will miss what is being said.

I said quite clearly that all the ones who are capable of winning will go...and that includes Cheryl, George etc etc

With respect Nicola I am not sure the "Working class kiss my ar%e" attitude is really appropriate for a forum used by people from all walks of life :fie:   I have no idea what sort of costs are involved in staging such an event but seems rather steep to me there is an old saying "You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig" but I guess if you call it World pig then that's different. Will be interesting to see how many different nationalities shoot this one being the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
I am posting without any emotion at all. I am simply saying the facts. I have not said anything about working class kiss my ass.

We are talking about unnecessary whinging again about an event that has not even started.

Come on folks.... Stick to the facts.

I am sorry to say that we would have entered a full squad for the FITASC Sporting but They have all now booked into France, even one Who is 4th in the world.

No I was not saying that as you well know. I was disagreeing with the post above.

Could I suggest that you don't scan read as you will miss what is being said.

I said quite clearly that all the ones who are capable of winning will go...and that includes Cheryl, George etc etc
But they are already booked in to the Compaq, true story

Last edited by a moderator:
This boils down to a poor choice of date selection for a "World Championship" which is obviously a misnomer.

World Cups are what are really important and those events that don't clash with other world class events that attract greater support elsewhere!

Let's face it this is now no longer a World Class event if the top dogs from our own country are going to compete elsewhere.

QED it is overpriced and unfortunately the winner is hardly going to be able to boast much if the real contenders are not there.

Nicola nothing is on a personal level , I think as someone who is heavily involved with shooting , given its only sporting and fitasc that really floats my boat , I want to make it accessible to has many as I can , that is why we have dropped the entry fee to the classic to the sum of £5 per entry and £20 per entry for services day and that's probably the reason why allison is flat out processing entries

Surely board directors past and present want these events enjoyed by one and all

Agreed nothing is going to change this year but we need to keep check on this for future events of this kind , of course just my opinion

Steve

I would think the Fitasc on the EJC ground will define whether this will be VFM ? and for the cost posted it will need to be very very good for the full range of classes taking part.

Regarding the 200 targets on virgin ground ........ to put 200 targets any where, cater for all the different abilities, and make it both enjoyable and testing for all , will undoubtedly test ANY course setters to the full !!  and in my opinion virtually impossible ? so what ever happens there will be those, who will get what they want for their out lay and there will also be those who, will feel let down and over charged for that experience , it's why we are all different ? no one is right and no one is wrong and every one entitled to a view and the choice is theirs

For me it does seem expensive,  what you may or may not get,is all so-say until it is over ....fact !    

Nicola nothing is on a personal level , I think as someone who is heavily involved with shooting , given its only sporting and fitasc that really floats my boat , I want to make it accessible to has many as I can , that is why we have dropped the entry fee to the classic to the sum of £5 per entry and £20 per entry for services day and that's probably the reason why allison is flat out processing entries

Surely board directors past and present want these events enjoyed by one and all

Agreed nothing is going to change this year but we need to keep check on this for future events of this kind , of course just my opinion

Steve
Yes that is your opinion and interpretation of the situation.

It is a bit mad how both the European compac and world sporting clash

I would imagine George would pick the world sporting first

Even if he's not there, there'll still b some of the worlds best shots there, the USA are sending a full contingent and believe me they ain't to shabby!!

Just out of interest, who generally shoots the worlds? Would a B class shooter as I am turn up??

Yes spud dog when did it in 2012 we had a full contingent from every class

Just a question does anyone know the entry fee for juniors ?

Can't seem to see it

Just out of interest, who generally shoots the worlds? Would a B class shooter as I am turn up??
If you win c class you will be the worlds best c class shooter?? Perazzi sponsorship winging its way no doubt. :hunter:

Back