World Sporting 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked up the European Compak Sporting entrys 1-4 May, George Digweed, Cheryl Hall and Amy Easeman are all booked in...do these events normally clash? George and Cheryl can't be in two places at once...

There are better prize funds for less entry fees in most of the other big events! So unless you are in with a shot for the World title maybe not worth going!?!?

So is anybody going or shall I do a big shoot at Westfield ,,,, only joking I think
Mmmm, only been to two registered shoots at Churchills and perhaps I have been very unlucky in my experience, perhaps they are normally much more professional... but I know which sounds more appealing to me. I know there are a few on here that speak very highly of them. 

Having said that, i'm sure they will get their act together for this....won't they - I keep hearing they are a professional company so will have to see?

£170 4 day shoot in France, yes it is more, just think entry fees for the world events is steep and the sportrap finishes on the Thursday, which is weird, what was wrong running squads on the Friday? Plus churchills is not my favourite ground which is why I was happy to see the classic go to Steve

£170 4 day shoot in France, yes it is more, just think entry fees for the world events is steep and the sportrap finishes on the Thursday, which is weird, what was wrong running squads on the Friday? Plus churchills is not my favourite ground which is why I was happy to see the classic go to Steve
Enjoy it.

I posted on the 5th December the following:-

" very much a CPSA controlled event"

That already sounds as though it's out of control!

Reading the posts since then and the pricing structure, could someone please explain to me how the CPSA is benefitting and growing the sport of clayshooting?

Here we are in times of recession and going through what the 'money men' call austerity  and some clown comes up with prices like this???

It really does beggar belief?

We recently had a 100 bird shoot at Hodnet  which had a very good entry and superb targets and it cost £45 entry fee, yes there were moans about the level of prize money paid out , but was it a World class event and enjoyable? Of course it was, as is the norm.

I have a friend in Gloucester who gave up Farming, he has a Wife with very expensive tastes (what she sees in him I'll never know ) he decided to put on clayshoots and is doing a fantastic job and making a fortune , but he doesn't charge those sort of prices.

I am sure that the event at Churchills will be a success because the staff and the referees and the rest of the unsung heroes will make it so, but as the clearing up begins I am sure the bitter taste of greed will linger on for a long time

Morning Peter I hope you are well !!!!!

I don't think the Cpsa are to blame for the entry fees as it was A tender process , I think and yes probably they should have said go whistle but at the end of the day I don't think grounds were smashing the door down to be hosts . It will probably be a good event but as we all know to make it a good event the targets have hot to be right and entertaining and if this ain't correct all the backdrops in the world won't make up for it . Price wise is a long way off normal clay shooting prices of even the other Cpsa events

Are you shooting it Pete ?????

Ho and I think the god net shoot was £35 not £45

The entry for the FITASC was originally.........wait for it ....... £110 !!!!!!

But after some thought it was discounted to £99........ :nyam:   :nyam:

It will be on the main ground along with the Sportrap & Prelim Sporting, so the infastructure is already in place, hope all the layouts are NOT on the Skeet ranges ???. 

Think the general concensus is, take it or leave it !!! 

I know that if Steve or myself tried to charge that we would get some NEGATIVE feedback !!! :fie:   :fie:

Not sure whether I will go now...and I bet a lot of people are thinking the same....I had planned to do the Prelims and the Sporting but even for a banker that is a lot of money...

Steve and Phil are right...they would have got flak for charging so much....guys we are VERY grateful that you don't...

Still it is our choice....if it is too much for us we don't have to go...but I really did fancy telling my mum I was shooting in the World Sporting...

I was also planning on shooting all comps and prelim , need to seriously rethink it now and Im local!! 

Steve,

I doubt very much if I would shoot it.

I MAY, be refereeing it but have a vested interest in it as one of my customers/ pupils is Captaining the US team so I'm reliably informed.

But your comment about tendering raises some issues.

If you have to tender for a contract , surely you have to describe , services and quality of service provided. Not offer the CPSA the cheapest deal and then hike prices to recoup? Surely?

I may have my values screwed up but surely to hold a World Championship should be looked upon as a honour?

Showcase your business, encourage participation and bask in the customer satisfaction, making money and profit steadily and annually not having a one week rip off ?

I was also in a mind to shoot as much of it as I can as I only live 15 miles away, however at those prices I may just be doing the main event. Time off work to shoot it and then £400 in entry fees, means I need to have a good think! :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the main event for me too; agree that the prices are on the steep side but impossible to say if it's value for money or not yet until it's too late, so its a case of you've got to be in it to win it.

Would love to have gone to the South of France but insufficient holidays put paid to that one!

Back