World Sporting 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a complete pile of guff is discussed on here.

It is a World Championships not a straw baller.

What is it with the Brits.....??

Always someone ready to go and slam it for some reason.

One thing is sure......all those who are actually in with a chance of winning owt.......will be there.....they collect titles....and would not miss that chance.

If you want to just compete at low level.....then enjoy your pinging at the registered shoots.

If you want to win big...you have to spend your money.

And if anyone expects that any World or European should be run at registered shoot prices.......then you are barking mad.... :wink:

Just my ten peneth.....and each to their own.

One thing is sure......all those who are actually in with a chance of winning owt.......will be there.....they collect titles....and would not miss that chance.

If you want to just compete at low level.....then enjoy your pinging at the registered shoots.

And if anyone expects that any World or European should be run at registered shoot prices.......then you are barking mad.... :wink:

Totally agree.

so are we becoming an elite sport for the rich people ??????

always thought cpsa made events accessible to the majority not minority by cost , 85 percent of the people that go to this event wont even think about winning anything , so people on a tight budget and i can assure you nicola it is alot are asked to pay these high costs which for them will be no different to a normal sunday shoot 

i shall be going but can justify as i dont shoot most sundays but with me shooting in the week and me and harry at the weekend , cartridges and travelling it will cost circa £750- 800 !!!!!!!

hope the targets are good 

steve

Excellent post by Steve Lovatt, No.63

Could someone please explain the difference in a National Championship or registered thrown clay and a World Championship one?

Will Churchill's be paying the overseas entrants travel costs to justify the extortion ! or is the prize fund vast?

You all know as well as I do it is a rip off.

dont know about america jem but when i did it in 2012 

sporting 200 bird was £ 100  birds only £75

fitasc 120 birds £97 birds only £75

sportap 100 birds £47 birds only £37

pre lim 100 birds £47 birds only £37 

and all of these were on greenfield sites apart from the prelim at westfield on the friday 

so cost a fortune in infrastructure , transport , posh loos , generators etc but it was a n honour to do it and i think the shooters enjoyed it as well as there was a long waiting list for every day and event 

so as a county and regional rep for cpsa i cant work out why it is so expensive on a full time shooting ground , maybe something to do with london prices 

Maximum estimated prize is £18,000 (720 shooters x £25 each),thats assuming everybody goes comp as you can go birds only.

When I shot the worlds in Texas last year the main event about 225-250 dollars

I booked in for everything when i got there 4 100 bird events, main event 200 targets, plus all the options

It cost me just over 1000 dollars and that's without paying for the main event as I was in the team

So it's definitely not cheaper in the states!!

Nic,

The main event the "WORLD ESP CHAMPIONSHIP" is not overpriced.....its the side events, namely the FITASC & Prelim ESP which is overpriced......."DO keep up sweety"......... :haha:   X

Nic,

The main event the "WORLD ESP CHAMPIONSHIP" is not overpriced.....its the side events, namely the FITASC & Prelim ESP which is overpriced......."DO keep up sweety"......... :haha:   X
Sweetie, I hate to disagree .....but the serious folk will still be there entering......

Good luck if you are going.

If Churchills get this right, then they will dispel a lot of negative feedback that appears to be coming through about them at the moment.  I am one of those that hasn't had a terribly impressive experience of them so far,  so i'm really looking forward to seeing this World Championship event being a huge success and seeing what they are capable of. 

However, I do agree the entry fee is terribly steep, but as I don't know the extra costs involved for such an event I have to assume that it's a justifiable cost - but I am sure a few of you will correct me on this?! 

so are we becoming an elite sport for the rich people ??????

always thought cpsa made events accessible to the majority not minority by cost , 85 percent of the people that go to this event wont even think about winning anything , so people on a tight budget and i can assure you nicola it is alot are asked to pay these high costs which for them will be no different to a normal sunday shoot 

i shall be going but can justify as i dont shoot most sundays but with me shooting in the week and me and harry at the weekend , cartridges and travelling it will cost circa £750- 800 !!!!!!!

hope the targets are good 

steve
Disagree....but then it is a free world. I just hate all this 'the World should be equal sh*te'..... Sad thing is it isn't .....and I do not think that people who want to spend their hard earned cash should be called 'elitist'.

A World Championship will still bring in all those that have a chance of wining....and all those that think they will have a chance of winning....and then anyone else who wants to play.

Reality check peeps......a World Championship is just that.....a World Championship....there will always be people who cannot afford to shoot the big or even small competitions.....tough luck.....it takes money to shoot and it takes even more to win.....true story..!

Shooting has never been a cheap sport, and to shoot enough to stand a chance of getting good enough to win an international title does not happen on a shoe string unfortunately.

And..... I hate all this slagging off on every little thing before the shoot even gets started.

It is quite simple peeps, if you want to go and shoot it then go and shoot it......but if you don't then don't .....if you cannot afford to shoot then i am very sorry for you...but maybe you should just enjoy the shooting that you can get to...or take up some other sport.

I am afraid to say Nicola that if that was the case we have not got much future as a growing sport , fact , as the saying goes you are in a very small fortunate position that you can do what you want when you want

If you prefer to go down the world championship route for the few why don't we do it properly then charge £1000 entry fee limit it to 200 entries ( don't think you'd get that many ) and pay back £800 per entry , then we would have a professional world championship to contend

Until then most people do this as a hobby and want to enjoy as such and not pay above the odds , true story , as the saying goes

Steve

Ps I am NOT slagging off this event I just want it fair for most ,,,, true story !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweetie, I hate to disagree .....but the serious folk will still be there entering......

Good luck if you are going.
So you are saying that 21 times Champion George Digweed MBE and Cheryl are not serious? True story!

The point is that we don't even charge that much and all complain (exept Steve)

With respect Nicola I am not sure the "Working class kiss my ar%e" attitude is really appropriate for a forum used by people from all walks of life :fie:   I have no idea what sort of costs are involved in staging such an event but seems rather steep to me there is an old saying "You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig" but I guess if you call it World pig then that's different. Will be interesting to see how many different nationalities shoot this one being the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

So you are saying that 21 times Champion George Digweed MBE and Cheryl are not serious? True story!

The point is that we don't even charge that much and all complain (exept Steve)
And Matt - who only moans at your continued bullying of me...  ;-)

Steve ...don't make this personal. (I can assure you that you have no idea of what sort of position I am in. So don't make daft comments).

I have only spoken facts. I am not addressing you I am talking to the forum.

Jeeeeze.

No passionate comments on here of how you would like to see the world will make any difference to how the world actually is.

People ....the Brides will go....the Bridesmaids will go......even the also-ran's will go.....plus those fancying a week away at a World Championships for fun of the big event will go.....

Most will enjoy it and some might not....no doubt fuelled by others comments.

So lets keep it up beat and let the ground put on a great event.....without having to listen to all this guff....(in my humble opinion).

World Peace peeps xxxx

Back