Winter shooting.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that would be a shame after all the swell parrot recipes that I sent to him.   But then, time waits on no parrot. 

I normally shoot right through the winter but have not managed to get out since mid November the weather has not been good. It is an eighty mile round trip for me to shoot so I want to have some reasonable weather. Thought this Sunday could be a possibility but while it will be a modest 15C the 65kph wind and rain has dampened my desire to go down to Capvern. Shame but there you go... or in my case don't :lol:

I normally shoot right through the winter but have not managed to get out since mid November the weather has not been good. It is an eighty mile round trip for me to shoot so I want to have some reasonable weather. Thought this Sunday could be a possibility but while it will be a modest 15C the 65kph wind and rain has dampened my desire to go down to Capvern. Shame but there you go... or in my case don't :lol:
You need to move back here. 

You need to move back here. 
You know Hammy, and I am not just saying this, I do not think I would like to return to the UK. Perhaps it is the location, being well out it the sticks and I know this may sound rather shallow but I have really grown accustomed to living here. The weather, country and people and sense of community make it a very nice place to live. I find it quite remarkable that in the area in which I live the numerous small villages all have several fetes each year that are well attended by young and old. Where alcohol is consumed and great fun is had and I have yet to see an argument. Then switch back to central Scotland where some villages still practice the annual fete... which is regarded, by some, as a cue to get drunk and create trouble :lol:   I would also be in the unenviable position of having to apply for the grants for my guns and the increased cost of my shooting. In short if anything happened to my wife or myself we have both said there is a possibility we would return as we still have a house in Edinburgh but I don't think I would be doing any shooting if I did return.

No no no..... we have to many jocks in England  :(
Aye that's as maybe.... but the British government went out of there way to make sure we remain a part of the UK... so dinnae go bumpin yer gums ow'er the fact that some of the clan come doon for a swally :lol:

Fairly obvious that you don't speak the language very well so prolly not a bad idea to stay away.  Not that most of the "English" persons here are all that adept themselves with the language.  Seems like most of the Brit problems center on foreigners anyway and you might not get the warm welcome.

There is a separatist movement of sorts here to split California into two states.  The North California contingent is seemingly comprised of small community inbred nitwits that have no conception of how little NorCal contributes to the state revenues and the incredible amount of general fund revenues consumed by public works, health care, etcetc in NorCal.  Not that there is any resemblance to the Jockland or Brexit thingies.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one seems to be taking into account the likely brain damage that most British shooters have accumulated thru hypothermia.  Or simply by having their brains rattled by shooting ill-fitting guns and Kreighoffs. 

Which reminds me - - whatever has become of Rosso?  I always enjoyed his delightfully inane comments.
At least we don't have to swim to the ground or worry about getting our nuts toasted  :angel:

Good point whatever happened to the parrot?

Swimming to the grounds is a particularly rare event in the deserts of the southwest US including California.  I found that some modicum of clothing will usually serve to prevent the toasting of particular body parts as well.  Which in no way detracts from actually being able to see and enjoy the sun.   :cool:

As to Rosso - I can appreciate that one's interests may change as the years are accumulated and perhaps he's come to have more in common with the parrot than the members here.  It would of course be difficult to question that choice considering  ..................

Last edited by a moderator:
Swimming to the grounds is a particularly rare event in the deserts of the southwest US including California.  I found that some modicum of clothing will usually serve to prevent the toasting of particular body parts as well.  Which in no way detracts from actually being able to see and enjoy the sun.   :cool:

As to Rosso - I can appreciate that one's interests may change as the years are accumulated and perhaps he's come to have more in common with the parrot than the members here.  It would of course be difficult to question that choice considering  ..................
I gotta remember the US is a big place.....just seems it is constantly under water or on fire according to the news!  :eek:

We do have some big fires in California.  But that is not unusual in any of the states in the West.  Under water, not so much which is why the fires.

If it were smart being big would be a plus.  As it is ..........

Latest posts

Back