Why trap? (Not taking the p*ss here)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooooooooooo!! mine is not quite as state of the art as the one you display !!

I'll stand to your right David, don't mind empties flying in front of me. I could even shoot them as crossers to break the monotony :D

If I wanted to shoot ot would it be acceptable to put a strip of gaffer tape over my barrel ports to comply with the rules?

gawd !! lawks a mercy guvnor !!!there's more rules in this discipline than in an army training camp !!

Hi David, I must admit I haven't seen anyone attempt to use an auto at OT/UT/ABT in 10 years. There's the problem of unloading between every stand. On predictability - all disciplines except trap have an absolutely predictable target flight - they even have to show it to you first. Don't you get bored with that?

I dont think I would be welcomed at any trap ground , it seems a bit of inverted snobbery to me, after all is said and done if one is put off by a few cartridges flying about then one must be a bit of girls blouse as far as i can see!!

I dont buy into it breaking the shooters on the right concnentration either, if you can block out noise, you can block out shells until its your turn to shoot. And a few shells lying on the ground shouldnt bother anyone as longas the are picked up afterwards.

Fuz you will just have to stand to the right of me and tell em all its a new type of over and under I am shooting !!

I block out plenty at sporting events when they are ejected over shooters shoulders, it doesnt particularly bother me,

I dont think I would be welcomed at any trap ground , it seems a bit of inverted snobbery to me, after all is said and done if one is put off by a few cartridges flying about then one must be a bit of girls blouse as far as i can see!!

I dont buy into it breaking the shooters on the right concnentration either, if you can block out noise, you can block out shells until its your turn to shoot. And a few shells lying on the ground shouldnt bother anyone as longas the are picked up afterwards.

Fuz you will just have to stand to the right of me and tell em all its a new type of over and under I am shooting !!
Classic.......best laugh I have had all day.

David I think the only trap discipline where you would not get lynched, and where you can happily shoot an auto, and where you can spray the cartridges where you want.......is my discipline 'Helice'.......but you might turn your nose up at that like most others do. (wink).........but we are very friendly (well most of us are).

Laugh out loud by courtesy of iPad.

Sorry Nicola I find it a bit silly really, all this nonsense regarding cartridges, its akin to objecting to the noise of shooting elsewhere on the ground when its your turn to shoot !!

Helice ?? now that is something which I might have been tempted to try but not at £2.50p per bird !!

Based on your other comments on this thread David - I think you'd really enjoy Helice - all the targets are unpredictable,

You can practice for 1.20 a bird - in my humble opinion as an EXCELLENT Helice newbie and future star, I would say 20 Helice birds is worth about 100 sporting in terms of concentration and fun.

future star no less?? well it obviously brings out the humility in one i can clearly see that !!! i must try it!!

Actually you are right - let me dial down the humility.

'Current Star'

Yes Matt is getting rather tOo handy (eye on Berks Champs next year) and David ........I know you do not believe all the stuff you see. £2.50 a bird?? Where did that come from.

If you ever want to try it let me know.........but be warned......no moaning in our camp (wink)

Last edited:
i am Fitascing for the first time this weekend, I never though I would be a virgin at anything anymore at my age !!!

But might take you up on that offer in the near future thank you Nicola

i am Fitascing for the first time this weekend, I never though I would be a virgin at anything anymore at my age !!!

:D :wink:

I've always shot sporting, enjoy FITASC and sport-trap too but I'm slowly getting addicted to the trap disciplines...

Have you ever shot a round of sporting and hit say 75/100, dropped several easy birds and convinced you could do better, gone back for another round?

You know what will happen don't you - another 75/100 but this time you miss different targets!

It's a mental game. I find that the skills learnt shooting trap have helps my sporting a lot - using the speed of the gun for instance in OT, where you appear to shoot right at some targets that you know require lead is a good example.

DTL might appear dull to some, I thought it was easy the first time I shot it! But give it a couple of goes and you'll soon realise that your head has to be in the right place to hit them all - another useful tool when you're shooting your fourth pair on a sporting stand?

What about Skeet - now that's repetitive? even in DTL the only thing you know is that the birds fly away at different angles!

P.S. 100 straight last summer at DTL - think I came 4th or 5th!

Just remember although it says "full use of the gun" on the singles you cant stick 3 in the pogo stick :.: :.:

Hmmm not as easy as I thought it was going to be !!!!! that extra shot would have been handy!!!

Back