Why trap? (Not taking the p*ss here)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah Nicola enlighten me !! Trap ever shot an incomer doing trap?
Hi David. I do not understand this question, can you make it a bit clearer what you are asking?

P.s. Popcorn.....love it and anything sweet, Toby prefers salty, which is great as he does not nick mine :)

it makes no sense to me either and I wrote the damn thing !! it is not quite what i intended to ask

I think before my senior moment hit me, I meant to ask dont you ever wish for an incomer or crosser to break things up a bit ? All that concnetration in one direction is pretty demanding

TBF that wouldn't be a trap discipline in that case. And yes, it's all about the concentration.

Hence why I shoot sporting as well for the variation that brings. (And occasional skeet)

I appreciate the fact it would not then be a trap discipline, the point I make is that it appears pretty predictable as far as targets are concerned and concentration levels are geared towards just one direction, I think I would yearn for a little variety is all to break things up

i dont know where you shoot skeet but it has incomers on station one as far as i can tell they are straight at me ??

David, I heartily recommend you try ABT, UT or OT. The only predictable thing about those is that the targets will be going away, but at what speed and angle (vertically and horizontally) is not predictable.

You might hate it, be non-plussed, or you may even like it.

David, I heartily recommend you try ABT, UT or OT. The only predictable thing about those is that the targets will be going away, but at what speed and angle (vertically and horizontally) is not predictable.

You might hate it, be non-plussed, or you may even like it.

Tobi

I did attempt to book in at a trap club to try it out so to speak, all was fine until I mentioned I shot a semi auto they got rather iffy about that so I didnt bother after that

Must say I've never shot in a squad with a shooter with a semi-auto. The obvious issue is the ejecting shells in front of the person to the right but I think they're legal in registered competition for DTL and ABT.

argghhh !!!!!! the dreaded OLD jokes about semi autos now appearing courtesy of Matt and Clever, I have to say I really dont see the issue.

If trap shooters are so sensitive to seeing shells on the ground then wear darker glasses!!

Are you suggesting I have Tourettes Clever? If so I shall kick your F------G SH--------Y a------E the next time I F-----------G see you !!!

They're also legal in UT but with a caveat:

All weapons, except pumpguns, may be used, including semi-automatic models, as

long as the ejection of the empty cartridge does not disturb other shooters, and on the

condition that the caliber does not exceed 12 bore.

which freely translated means once any shooter to my right complains then thats it game over

Heath Robinson was genius !! and so is the designer of semi automatic shotguns, IT GIVES WE FEW AUTO SHOOTERS GREAT PLEASURE TO PROVIDE SO MUCH DISPLEASURE TO SO MANY OTHER NON AUTO SHOOTERS !!! :p :p :p :p

post-10-0-71112700-1335265482.jpg

Is this your new gun DB?

Attachments

• rubegoldberg.jpg
    rubegoldberg.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 0
Back