Why trap? (Not taking the p*ss here)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not many trappies defending the corner. so i'll give you mrs jaspers take on dtl. " i'd rather stick pins in me eyes" :D

DTL I can take it or leave it. It's good for concentration but I couldn't just shoot that.

ABT I quite like, it's like DTL on speed but without the penalty for a 2nd barrel but random - you could be unlucky and have all quick targets at maximum angles.

OT is a pig, I'm rubbish at it. If you've never shot it, it's damn difficult. Not one to lift your spirits when it goes wrong. If that's a boring discipline then I'd disagree.

UT I will find out next month as trying it for the first time on April 1st

I'm an average sporter and to me that's my first choice discipline but I like trap for the change and I've met some good people.

Sorry......although I love Clever.......I can see the pages and pages or hedge monkey crap that will start pouring in and .......quite frankly .....I cannot be arsed....... Life is too short.

Will I will explain in person when we next meet.

Sent with love from the ipad

Yes, too tempting to come on and say why it isn't liked. I really was hoping for a genuine pro trappie to pour their heart out. Different strokes study..

Catch you soon Nic..

Yes, too tempting to come on and say why it isn't liked. I really was hoping for a genuine pro trappie to pour their heart out. Different strokes study..

Catch you soon Nic..
.......I bet you did........

Quite honestly I will shoot anything just to get the trigger pulled. I had a phase of shooting some DTL and quite liked it. I found it less boring than I thought I might and still a challenge. ABT I can take or leave, UT is fun but Ive only shot a couple of practice 25's at that. OT and DT I would like to have a bash at.

I just love Helice but really cant justify the cost and the distance needed to travel to really do it justice and get anywhere near good at it.

I think proximity to grounds shapes the way people go. North seems to be a trappy hotbed as top sporting grounds seem to be few and far between where as down here good sporters are 2 a penny and good trap clubs are usually a fair trek for most.

Sorry......although I love Clever.......I can see the pages and pages or hedge monkey crap that will start pouring in and .......quite frankly .....I cannot be arsed....... Life is too short.

Will I will explain in person when we next meet.

Sent with love from the ipad

Pardon my ignorance but what is a 'hedge monkey' :huh:

Sporting shooter, Les. All we do is crawl around hedges apparently :lol: :.:

I think there is some truth in what you say Fuz regarding shooting what is closest to you. I lived in Sheffield most of my life with loads of good sporting grounds in Soth Yorks and Derbyshire, when I moved to the East Coast, very very little quality sporting. I used to travel back to shoot then tried compact sporting, crap. Skeet and trap were the norm over here and bit by bit I became interested in the trap formats.

Phil

The advantage of being close to a ground that runs the discipline you like to shoot is one of the most important aspects of success for a shooter.

The 10,000 hour rule.......... check it out.

Sporting shooter, Les. All we do is crawl around hedges apparently :lol: :.:
Only the ones who shoot straw balers and club shooters they are the Hedge Monkey's. The rest are 'pro' hedge monkey's!

Maybe I am different but I still love to shoot a reg DTL and believe me I take my hat off to the likes of Paul Chaplow with all those 100 straights and perfect 100 starights as well! That is some shooting! I don't care what anyone says 90 at anything is a good score anything above that is top class!

Glen.

Maybe I am different but I still love to shoot a reg DTL and believe me I take my hat off to the likes of Paul Chaplow with all those 100 straights and perfect 100 starights as well! That is some shooting! I don't care what anyone says 90 at anything is a good score anything above that is top class!

Glen.
Quite. :)

Back