Who is where this weekend? Trap Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice to meet you todat DT. wasnt the nicest of days but i have nothing to complain about...:)

Very well shot. Cracking score. Not jealous in anyway you git!!! ;-)
cheers ears. I had a v good day today and am pleased. A PB and one of next years targets ticked off. Alas, i am all too aware I dont think days like today will be too common in my shooting career!

Nice to meet DT and his son there too.

cheers ears. I had a v good day today and am pleased. A PB and one of next years targets ticked off. Alas, i am all too aware I dont think days like today will be too common in my shooting career!

Nice to meet DT and his son there too.
Ditto here also. Bloody well done on your performance today in tricky conditions. Can't believe you've only been shooting since May! My own performance by comparison started OK but went downhill all day! Pretty much the same for Harry?

Nice to visit another Trap venue but disappointed they don't offer any discount for junior shooters like many other grounds do. £30 for birds only for Harry (14) seemed a bit steep on top of my £35 comp entry. Combined with the 250 mile round trip I'm not sure we'll be rushing back as a result.

See you at Rugby for ABT maybe?

DT

PS: Can someone please, please, please provide OT comp in the Midlands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike is usually amazing at supporting juniors so am very surprised he didn't do a junior discount. Might be worth emailing him to suggest it as he is keen to promote the sport.

Yes will see you at rugby soon.

Mike is usually amazing at supporting juniors so am very surprised he didn't do a junior discount. Might be worth emailing him to suggest it as he is keen to promote the sport.

Yes will see you at rugby soon.
It was fairly obvious from the entry screen that H is a Junior shooter (colt) and I did ask if there was any concessions but obviously fell on deaf ears! Didn't help that there were no entry prices posted anywhere that I could see?
DT

I''ll ask Sian or Margaret next time I'm up there, they will get it sorted for next time! Was watching your Harry when I was scoring for you, he was shooting very well, couple of little tweeks to his gun fit/mount and he'd make a bloody good OT shot. Not got any welsh blood has he?! ;-)

Sydney - Were have you all been shooting and what discipline ?

I''ll ask Sian or Margaret next time I'm up there, they will get it sorted for next time! Was watching your Harry when I was scoring for you, he was shooting very well, couple of little tweeks to his gun fit/mount and he'd make a bloody good OT shot. Not got any welsh blood has he?! ;-)
Cheers Sid re the Harry comments. I'll be sure to pass on. He was a bit gutted driving home having started well but got worse throughout the day (me too). Any advice gratefully received as he won't (and probably shouldn't) listen to me.
DT

IPS, shooting OT at SW2000

Dt

Never shot there but heard good things about it.

Dt

should be some threads with advice on ot on here. Hard to give advice without having seen you and dt junior shoot but main thing i find with ot is initial target acquisition ie seing the little Beggers. You must find a hold point and a focus point that suits you style then stick to it. I would also recommend from my experience of trap over many many years that one must ensure that you are relaxed when calling for the target as any tension in the shoulders Will not help your swing that needs to be fast but flowing i find that if you try to hard you Will be concentrating on your mount and routine and forget about the main priority of fast trap disciplines and that is you must first see the target. Try to concentrate on seing and then shooting the leading edge of the target this Will focus the mind and WILL improve your scores.

Everyone's style is different the above is just my take on it, maybe some of the above Will be of help.

Doing a bit of DTL, Skeet & ABT this weekend Dartford of course, might even pop into Kingsferry once again.

I think OLSS is open this Sat so subject to weather and finding some shells, I may have a bash at some OT

Back