Which class /What class do you compete in?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schmokinn there are quite a few ladies I know who started out with the groups we are discussing and are now flying the nest so to speak.  They are attending registered and championships on their own or as squads so it's working.  Albeit slowly.    These groups are allowing them to get into a male dominated environment slowly with the knowledge in place to help them feel confident enough to fly solo.  I'm not disputing the very real possibility of men feeling intimidated by the way or that shooters in general are welcoming and most would definitely not put a woman down for trying or being a novice but it's hard to convince someone of that when they've never shot a gun or been around shoots.  If it takes the aforementioned groups to get them going then that's got to be a good thing.

BUT If I were just coming into shooting, I don't think I would have the confidence to go round on my own at all and would be a bit intimidated by the male dominance, but that's just me!!
Exactly the point of groups like Chelsea Bun.  I started shooting nearly five years ago because a friend bought me and my husband a clay shooting experience as a gift.  We were both immediately hooked, applied for our licenses, bought our guns and then just went and practiced at pay-and-play grounds in the area.  If we hadn't both enjoyed it so much I definitely wouldn't have bothered doing it by myself.  So things like the Chelsea Bun Club are perfect for those women who don't already  have friends or family that are involved in clay shooting.

Back