Which 28 gram load for Sporting Clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. There all good, for consistency gamebore are clear winners but a bad shell will break a target. Never shot eley not a fan of The others out there from UK, RC and B&P make a good shell. Kent velocity take some beating on best value out there

First off I think it depends on the gun as well but for what its worth I use DT10. Shot 20000 Kent velocity in the last two years with 3 miss fires, great shell. Use mainly 1/4 1/4, or 3/8. Only ever put in a 1/2 on a long bird shooting down on top of it or edge on.

As this is developing into a selling thread.....did I say that Fiocchi was 'the' main cartridge used at the London 2012 Olympics.....!!

Now I know that it was trap and skeet.......but most targets in sporting are trap or skeet targets.

So...........you know the clever money is on Fiocchi.

Did you know that Jessica Rossi was presented with a Mercedes by Fiocchi after her Olympic Gold.

Now that is what I call a thank you. :)

I love Fiocchi and would never ever use anything else.

xxxxxxx you know you want to campers...!!!

Last edited:
Andy Moon won Wylye at the weekend with 95/100. The cartridges he used cost him less than £140. They were red with black writing on them.

Andy Moon won Wylye at the weekend with 95/100. The cartridges he used cost him less than £140. They were red with black writing on them.
'LIKE' (run out of likes)

P.s Who is bonzodogdoodaband???? Liked this thread but no name on profile?????

Last edited:
Ah.......high brass.....now you are talking....!!

(wink from iPhone).

Last edited:
the only brasses I have heard of dont go very far or very fast !! not that I would know of such things !!

eley olympics 7.5 for everything. thru 682 golde ( optima ) mostly 1/4 and 1/2 with the occasional black devil ( 3/4 ) for the really long stuff. :)

but you must always remember a good skeet choke will break anything ;) especially when used with 21grm loads :D

incoming......

Just out of interest, what cartridges did Andy Moon use?

Red with Black writing??????

Hull Pro Sport 28g Fibre Wad. Through .4 (out of 10) in the bottom barrel and .8 in the top. They are quite quick and pattern well.

Latest posts

Back