where do you shoot and how much do you pay

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree with this - I did both yesterday, and it was an epic day... (squads too big, journey too long) - fun, but ended up shooting the last two stands at WW in dying light. I think there were scorers desperate to get home!Lessons learned - squad sizes smaller to maximise speed, don't be over ambitious with timings. Steve - any chance you can make WW and Hornet on different days through 2012?

I have had several conversations with Kevin at Hornet about this. The last one, he agreed that it was a bad idea to clash and that he would shift the dates. THEN, he kept the clash and offered the cheap 120. WTF? Re the cold; Hornet was freezing for me, as I was lightly underdressed (Just didnt think it was going to be that windy). Twit! Thats my excuse for shooting badly.. In terms of cold; there were a few teenage scorers who learned a solid lesson; namely that a hoodie aint a warm coat!! CSC3

I was alright cold wise.... there were a couple of exposed stands where I really felt the wind... stupid really, I had a fleece and a decent coat in the car. Tobi-Wan had the right idea... coat on in between stands, then quickly remove it for the stands...Amazing how different the temperature was for WW - must have been 3/4 degrees warmer reduction in windchill.

One of the few things I got right! Seriously, it's no fun being cold out on a shoot. I checked the forecast and it definitely looked chilly, but WW was so much warmer than Hornet.

Hornet is always colder, with the wind-chill. No excuse for me. Only been there 20 times before! It really put me off and I shot like a c**t (That would be a clot, of course). Never mind expensive gun; no gun fits when you are shivering. Just put a vest and proper shirt on under the coat! CSC3

hito an extent you guys are right. please dont think i'm on a downer at mr lovatt. look at it this way , the payouts are irrelevent to most of us , and yes they are good targets but other places throw good targets also, and have good refs etc. its just too rich for me personally thats all. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gifregardsjasper.

Back