What Gun and Cartridge do you use

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the same time these pink Express HV cartridges were about there was also a green Gamebore cartridge called "Super XLR" cam paced in a green box. They were not the same as the current xlr and were priced about £77 a thousand - i used these combined with Gamebore Clear Winner for any slightly longer / harder targets. 

I also used to quite like the Victory cartridges - Compact, Challenger and finally Sonic's. Seem to remember these were sensible money too. They sponsored a lot of shooters for a while - they were all kitted out in their maroon skeet vests?
Clear Winners were borderline unshootable for the recoil, the Sonics left you with no such qualms. 

About the same time these pink Express HV cartridges were about there was also a green Gamebore cartridge called "Super XLR" cam paced in a green box. They were not the same as the current xlr and were priced about £77 a thousand - i used these combined with Gamebore Clear Winner for any slightly longer / harder targets. 

I also used to quite like the Victory cartridges - Compact, Challenger and finally Sonic's. Seem to remember these were sensible money too. They sponsored a lot of shooters for a while - they were all kitted out in their maroon skeet vests?
Were these the ones?

20170322_120941.jpg

20170322_120959.jpg

20170322_121007.jpg

I used to buy the Express 24 gram for 'club use', we shot thousands of them. I too am going back some 20 years, but I only recall the case being a pink/red colour. We bought them 10,000 at a time !  I now shoot the 24 gram Cheddite which I think are a pretty close match in performance, BUT almost THREE times the price.

I used to buy the Express 24 gram for 'club use', we shot thousands of them. I too am going back some 20 years, but I only recall the case being a pink/red colour. We bought them 10,000 at a time !  I now shoot the 24 gram Cheddite which I think are a pretty close match in performance, BUT almost THREE times the price.
So they've gone up 300%

Don't tell Ballltrap that pensions have only gone up by 30% in the same time. ?

It's even worse for those still working. Wages have suffered even more. ????

WTFIGO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So they've gone up 300%

Don't tell Ballltrap that pensions have only gone up by 30% in the same time. ?

It's even worse for those still working. Wages have suffered even more. ????

WTFIGO. 

Hey bollockchops I am a long way off getting a pension, you should concentrate more on trying to beat me before I do get one :lol:

Perazzi MX12 30 inch both 3/8 and 5/8 fixed 

Clay - 28g Hull Sov Fibre 8

Game - 28g Hull Grouse 6.5 - 30g HP 6 - 32g HPE 5 - 34g/36g HPE 4

Never seen a Violet case for Express. Best 24gm Express was their 24gm Supreme with so-called 8% shot. Marcus says it can't be made now.

View attachment 6256.  

Bugger me................I found a brace of these too!

Fantastic shell but very pricey way back then.................25mm of brass!

View attachment 6323

Last edited by a moderator:
Well before I quit shooting clays I used either RC4 Redshot 24grm or Fiocchi Golden Trap 24grm, gun was a Perazzi MX8 Vintage Trap.

The one I get out of the safe most often lately is an MX1.  It has two barrel sets - 72cm w/ mod and full and 75cm with impmod and full.  Currently have the 75's on it trying to get in the bunker mood.  For skeet there is an old Mirage or a MT6.  I have no real cart preference, mostly what is on sale  :ahappy:   so Federal usually along with Remington and Winchester.  My demands on cart performance is modest since I no longer shoot comps so simple cost is a primary criteria.

If my pension increased as much as costs I'd be staggered!   :eek:

Caesar Guerini Maxum 32" and a CG Challenger also 32" both Multi Chokes (I know IPS, I'll burn in hell) Hull Superfasts 27g 7.5's for all sporting. 

Back