What Gun and Cartridge do you use

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I DID    :cool:
:lol: in your dreams, I was playing with you

So you think you can beat me we will see next time old timer. Not at trap that would be unfair on you and I would not like to make a fool of you :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: in your dreams, I was playing with you

So you think you can beat me we will see next time old timer. Not at trap that would be unfair on you and I would not like to make a fool of you :wink:
You are YEARS too late with that one  !

Mostly a Beretta White Onyx Sporting, 32" barrels.  Occasionally I'll drag out a 30" Remington 1100 Trap.  With its adjustable comb I have the POI same as the Beretta and its full choked barrel makes smokeballs when you connect.

As far as cartridges go, I prefer 1 oz Winchester Super X in #8 or #7.5; with the same loadings in Estate Super Sports coming in second.  But lately I stumbled on 1 1/8 oz #8 Estate promo game/clay loads (made by Cheddite for Estate) for $49.95/250 so I keep buying those till the stock runs out.

Mostly a Beretta White Onyx Sporting, 32" barrels.  Occasionally I'll drag out a 30" Remington 1100 Trap.  With its adjustable comb I have the POI same as the Beretta and its full choked barrel makes smokeballs when you connect.

As far as cartridges go, I prefer 1 oz Winchester Super X in #8 or #7.5; with the same loadings in Estate Super Sports coming in second.  But lately I stumbled on 1 1/8 oz #8 Estate promo game/clay loads (made by Cheddite for Estate) for $49.95/250 so I keep buying those till the stock runs out.
I do not believe that you can use Remington 1100 and the word 'Trap' in the same sentence on here      :eek:

B725 30" and my old Beretta 302 semi, Eley Olympic Blue 28gm 7.5 fibre, these like many others have just gone up by £30 a 1,000 so going to try Gamebore Velocity 7.5 fibre today at Spitfire. Just got a 1,000 for £169.

I do not believe that you can use Remington 1100 and the word 'Trap' in the same sentence on here      :eek:
Be that as it may Remington has made several trap-specific versions of the 1100 over the years.  A shell catcher makes it entirely usable for American Trap singles and a small modification to the ejector that knocks the empties down and fwd makes it practical for American Trap doubles, DTL, and ISSF trap.

They make marvelous sporting guns with their 30" barrels.  The fixed choked examples might need to be reamed out to 1/4 or 1/2 choke.  The Remchoke versions are near perfect.

25333_1100_Classic_Trap.png

Be that as it may Remington has made several trap-specific versions of the 1100 over the years.  A shell catcher makes it entirely usable for American Trap singles and a small modification to the ejector that knocks the empties down and fwd makes it practical for American Trap doubles, DTL, and ISSF trap.

They make marvelous sporting guns with their 30" barrels.  The fixed choked examples might need to be reamed out to 1/4 or 1/2 choke.  The Remchoke versions are near perfect.

25333_1100_Classic_Trap.png
I know, I shot a pair of them in the 1960's/70's, including the model shown complete with the empty case deflector that directed the fired case downwards. There was a local Gunsmith who would fit the 'pip' style deflector for around £5 to any Remmie barrel. I had all 3 barrels done by him and it really worked. (I had a spare 28" 1/2 choke barrel). They have the above model on the rack in the local gunshop at present, just a shame the Trap game is prone to such unjust auto phobia and small mindedness, or it could well be in my cabinet.

Beretta Silver Pigeon. Used Power Golds for the last year almost, but due to price hikes I have been trying RC2s. They seem fairly decent albeit a little slower. Price difference is quite a bit though (c£14 a slab) so I'll stick with the RC2s for now. Both 24g 7 1/2.

I use a Perugini and Visini and cartridges it's whatever I seem to get a hold of I've got no preference. Recently been using some smart strikes and really liking them so deffinatly going to have to get some more  :cool:

Caesar Guerini Invictus 1 with Fiocchi Offial trap for OT or Fiocchi Official Sporting for, well urm Sporting ? Backup cart would be fblack or RC4.  All pattern well through the Guerini and my old Perazzi MX8 def do not feel the need to change ?

I use a Perugini and Visini and cartridges it's whatever I seem to get a hold of I've got no preference. Recently been using some smart strikes and really liking them so deffinatly going to have to get some more  :cool:
Are they a Union cartridge  ?    :angel:

Marketed by British Rail  !

Blaser F16, with the older Super Comp cartridge.  Haven't tried the new ones yet but I have shot plenty of 24g RC2s. Its the kind of cartridge you forget until you try it again and then you remember just how well it broke targets, I used 7.5 & 9.5.  In the S.C. I used all the shot sizes in 24g and 7.5 & 8 in 28g.

Back