What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGL was right on the northern edge of a big rain cloud apparently. There is a chance it may have improved, but drove home in blinding spray
I've looked at the forecast for the weekend.  Tomorrow's practice looks like a no go - rain and hail.  I'm hoping that I'll get to the Dartford Reg on Sunday.  

I've looked at the forecast for the weekend.  Tomorrow's practice looks like a no go - rain and hail.  I'm hoping that I'll get to the Dartford Reg on Sunday.  
yes... I will consider Court Farm for Sunday if weather doesn't worsen

As it's peeing down and I can't go out shooting this morning, thought I'd have a look on the CPSA website.  New cut-offs are confirmed.  It seems that they seem to increase at the same rate as my average.  Highest ESP average yet, but I'm as far short of A class as I was two years ago.

As it's peeing down and I can't go out shooting this morning, thought I'd have a look on the CPSA website.  New cut-offs are confirmed.  It seems that they seem to increase at the same rate as my average.  Highest ESP average yet, but I'm as far short of A class as I was two years ago.
Yes. It’s a whole topic in itself. 88.4 for AAA now. Is it due to shoots getting easier or shooting standards rising or a combination? Personally I think all the mid week shoots have increased how many events people do. It literally doubled my shooting and that does affect how you develop. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I haven’t been shooting at all for the past four weeks, so today I loaded up the car in anticipation of shooting at ST Dials tomorrow, that is if storm Jorge buggers off back to Europe and leaves us alone.

Yes. It’s a whole topic in itself. 88.4 for AAA now. Is it due to shoots getting easier or shooting standards rising or a combination? Personally I think all the mid week shoots have increased how many events people do. It literally doubled my shooting and that does affect how you develop. 
I'm not a CPSA member or competition shot but if more mid week venues had competitions I'd be tempted to come play purely because when I shoot mid week I'm often alone, the venues don't always have a delay button  and pressing for yourself, turning, closing the gun, mounting then tracking an already fast moving clay can sometimes get you down. Your miss rate increases and as I'm sure you're aware missing is only fun when you're watching someone else 🤔😉

I'm not a CPSA member or competition shot but if more mid week venues had competitions I'd be tempted to come play purely because when I shoot mid week I'm often alone, the venues don't always have a delay button  and pressing for yourself, turning, closing the gun, mounting then tracking an already fast moving clay can sometimes get you down. Your miss rate increases and as I'm sure you're aware missing is only fun when you're watching someone else 🤔😉
Loads on in the south. Don’t need to be a CPSA member. Do it as a practice round effectively 

Picked the non raining / sleet / snowing two hours of day to rock across to Coleys, bumped into Ivan Reid of Teague and had a very pleasant hour breaking clays far better than of late, most enjoyable. You boys & girls off out tomorrow do have fun

Another couple of hours with RF today at Owls - as usual time very well spent.

The guy is ridiculous mind - at one point he wanted me to quicken the pace on attacking a particular SIM pair, and I just could not get the timing right.

So, Richard (a left handed CG shooter) casually picks up my right handed MK38 and annihilates 3 pairs of the same SIM targets at lightning (I mean scary) speed. Somewhat similar to this: 

Bloody unbelievable. 

Few hours with Ed Solomons at Sporting Targets today. Ed has a real knack for putting across small but impactful details in a succinct and clear manner.

Biggest take-away was developing a more controlled method of metering out lead. 

Solved an issue that had emerged where I was missing teals over the top, shooting them just as they  begin to fall, rather than on the rise, helping me better control my gun speed.

Improved my method on driven, making a better and more consistent connection behind the bird before progressively swinging through.

Small but important changes to my visual pick up point and hold point and learning to read and correct my mistakes.

It will take some practice I’m sure to make these things habit, but definitely some nice big steps in the right direction.

I’d highly recommend his services.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:59 PM, antse7en said:

Another couple of hours with RF today at Owls - as usual time very well spent.

The guy is ridiculous mind - at one point he wanted me to quicken the pace on attacking a particular SIM pair, and I just could not get the timing right.

So, Richard (a left handed CG shooter) casually picks up my right handed MK38 and annihilates 3 pairs of the same SIM targets at lightning (I mean scary) speed. Somewhat similar to this: 

Absolutely unbelievable. I could watch that all day. He doesn’t even finish saying “puuuullll” and he’s smoked both birds. Absolutely unbelievable. Legendary 

Tried really hard to buy a 410 hushpower so I could shoot out back but even the places that reckon they’re still trading aren’t. 

Back