What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still polishing and building up layers of oil coating on the wood of my gun, and a mate dropped off his too seeing how "I was busy with that stuff anyway" . Normally I'd have asked what medicines he was on, but for now I don't mind the extra work and True Oil doesn't keep all that well anyway. Nearly done with both now, but fortunately the rules here are changing (slowly though). Kids are allowed back to outdoor sporting, so outdoor sport activities for grown ups looks like a logical next step.

Other than that, I'm tumbling my last set of dirty brass, so there's still some more sizing and reloading to do if nothing more exciting comes back up. 

Fingers crossed and good health to all. 

just ordered  flow shooting  sunglasses ( prescription )  hope to use them on clays , but if all else fails wear them walking my dog  in the sunshine !! 

I sent an email to the North Wales Police enquiring when the embargo on issuing new SGC and received a reply saying it won’t be for the foreseeable. Never mind.

hopefully the situation will sort itself out and I can perhaps reapply later this year.

might even get some tuition booked at some point too.

Kevin

I sent an email to the North Wales Police enquiring when the embargo on issuing new SGC and received a reply saying it won’t be for the foreseeable. Never mind.

hopefully the situation will sort itself out and I can perhaps reapply later this year.

Kevin
Mercia Police  are doing the same, a member of our smallbore club who has a SGC and wants a FAC is in limbo.They even sent his application and cheque back to him.

Now if they do that someone must be in the office working 😀

Mercia Police  are doing the same, a member of our smallbore club who has a SGC and wants a FAC is in limbo.They even sent his application and cheque back to him.

Now if they do that someone must be in the office working 😀
It’s the home visits that is the problem, so unless that is resolved at some point or alternative methods of inspection are adopted, I can’t see my SHC being progressed anytime soon.

Kev

Funny I've been working all the way through this crisis repairing appliances at up to 8 different place a day, I've managed so far. No I didn't want too but had no choice, except statory sick pay if I went off without actually being ill.

According to Boris if you can't work from home you should be going back to work 😄

Went Skeet shooting Friday, you can now book the ranges and pay by phone at Bisley, I think it's limited to two shooters for your allotted number of rounds. It's £7.50 for a round of 25 (for non-members.) Plastic or felt wads

As we all know Skeet is easy (apart from the ones we miss.) I dropped 3, 2 & 2 my mate dropped 2, 1, & 1 so I was trounced convincingly.

There were antiseptic sprays & wipes etc in abundance which we used before and after the session, I must admit it was great fun, it won't replace Sporting for me but it's enjoyable and I'd like to do a bit more of it. Also it doesn't take long, you can do three rounds in an hour, probably less if pushed for time

went out to shoot some air, but a few clays got in the way 😐

Last edited by a moderator:
Went Skeet shooting Friday, you can now book the ranges and pay by phone at Bisley, I think it's limited to two shooters for your allotted number of rounds. It's £7.50 for a round of 25 (for non-members.) Plastic or felt wads

As we all know Skeet is easy (apart from the ones we miss.) I dropped 3, 2 & 2 my mate dropped 2, 1, & 1 so I was trounced convincingly.

There were antiseptic sprays & wipes etc in abundance which we used before and after the session, I must admit it was great fun, it won't replace Sporting for me but it's enjoyable and I'd like to do a bit more of it. Also it doesn't take long, you can do three rounds in an hour, probably less if pushed for time
Just wish the rest of Bisley was priced that reasonably... Long siberia is good but way too much. 

Picked up more sanding pads and a chemical finish remover to deal with a tough coat of lacquer. Third time in as many weeks I've been asked to re-finish a stock after prancing around with my own handiwork now that the grounds are open again. More sanding and oiling ahead in the days to come, but at least now I can do some shooting in between. 

Kevin
Just checked the NWP site and they are now accepting new applications, there is a minimum 16 week application period and the requirement for the GP medical report now applies (pre covid it wasn’t required).

We don’t have a doctor at our health centre, they rely on locus so I am considering using the service advertised by the CPSA.

Might get my cert in time for next spring 😀

Kev

Coaching session with Nick Hollick at Honesberie today.  My third shooting session in five days. 
I’ve started to realise just how much I have dropped off during the break. At first it sort of felt the same, but I noticed that I wasn’t properly engaging mentally and really taking too much for granted. This has meant I’ve not been connecting with the targets and making “stag do” errors like stopping the gun and looking at the bead, not finishing the shot. Nick gave me a lot of much needed and detailed feedback and I stated to get a sense what’s Ive been neglecting to apply. 
Enjoying shooting more than ever and can’t wait to get back out again. This is going to be a very expensive month!

Finally decided to strip the varnish off and clean up my G1 MK38 - after just one coat of sanded in oil the difference is pretty impressive.

Never done anything like this before and I’m no DIY’er but also took the opportunity to clean up some of the contouring on the grip and forend - new ISIS pad to fit next should arrive this weekend plus a few more rounds of oil once soaked up.

Before / During / After attached. 

46812A77-78B2-4BB5-8BCC-24CA55B7EDB5.png

E33F9CAB-E01C-4240-83BA-B8B51453617A.png

4C4CFBEB-3F05-4198-AEE6-FC594C2944AE.jpeg

6D0D3508-F693-44AB-A714-47F6D8EB03AE.jpeg

2101BBAF-08CC-430C-9EFF-04FAD3CE17F9.jpeg

0C0FFDCA-6B2C-45A2-AE76-6C6854CF8619.jpeg

glad to see you still have it ! are you going to keep as is or darken with wax/stain?

glad to see you still have it ! are you going to keep as is or darken with wax/stain?
Continuing to add CCL oil only mate - slowly to avoid overloading it. It’s already quite a bit dark than those pictures. 

Shot today with it, feels like a completely different gun. 

Back