What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To be honest, these parts were free [emoji3], that’s the reason it took so long to collate. They were either ordered wrong, or the client had changed their mind.

Do you get a good spread of light in your cabinet...?

I installed one on one side first (that was my intention) then I was amazed when I added the second...

The LED light strip is a very good, and looks better in situ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, these parts were free [emoji3], that’s the reason it took so long to collate. They were either ordered wrong, or the client had changed their mind.

Do you get a good spread of light in your cabinet...?

I installed one on one side first (that was my intention) then I was amazed when I added the second...

The LED light strip is a very good, and looks better in situ.

Did you drill a small hole in the cabinet to get the cable out? I'm actually very tempted to do the same thing.

Did you drill a small hole in the cabinet to get the cable out? I'm actually very tempted to do the same thing.

I didn’t need too, my cabinet was designed to bolt to the floor and has got four holes in the bottom readymade.

I did need to drill the back to bolt to the wall tho...

Haven’t shot game for over 30 odd years . Since I retired early I’ve decided to shoot a few driven days . Today I paid the balance on my first day , I’ve got deposits on two more and if I like it I’ll look for a few more late bookings as the season progresses.  If I don’t enjoy I’ll find some other way to waste a bundle of cash  😂

Haven’t shot game for over 30 odd years . Since I retired early I’ve decided to shoot a few driven days . Today I paid the balance on my first day , I’ve got deposits on two more and if I like it I’ll look for a few more late bookings as the season progresses.  If I don’t enjoy I’ll find some other way to waste a bundle of cash  😂
Can i suggest the Schmokinn cartridge and clay fund,they seem to be mostly wasted at the moment 🙄

Earlier in the year I got a placing in a comp and my prize was an industrial pair of ear defenders!  Wondered what to do with them and over the weekend the local farmer told us an ash tree had lost a very large limb and asked if we wanted it!👍 So, ear defenders came out whilst Phil was using the chain saw and I was log splitting.  A few hours yesterday and today and we’ve enough logs for the winter now.  Not showing very well in pic but shed quite full. 2CF15630-551F-4E53-A9A4-716C4641D55E.jpeg

On Wednesday I picked up my gun from High Lodge after it was serviced at Mulliners.  I'll use it tomorrow for an All Round comp.

my contribution is a moan !    been waiting six weeks for my local gunsmith  to fit a new ejector on my zoli z gun   ( I supplied the ejector )   it was 90%  finished   just needed the rim cutting for 12 bore  and fitting for length   ,  I was told they have 5 in house gunsmiths   ?    guess they must be very busy ,     been shooting all sorts of shotguns    nothing as smooth  as my own !

Mr Hoskins has ordered himself a Perazzi and will go out to Italy around March time and is trying to persuade me to go by saying I could have a stock made nearby apparently 😂.  
Yep, go and see Essie and Vera  !

Earlier in the year I got a placing in a comp and my prize was an industrial pair of ear defenders!  Wondered what to do with them and over the weekend the local farmer told us an ash tree had lost a very large limb and asked if we wanted it!👍 So, ear defenders came out whilst Phil was using the chain saw and I was log splitting.  A few hours yesterday and today and we’ve enough logs for the winter now.  Not showing very well in pic but shed quite full. View attachment 7233
Don't let Sian see this, she is looking for a new stock  !

I know its not really shooting related but I will put it in anyway. I shot the British skeet at Northampton
Good job someone did  !     :mosking:

my contribution is a moan !    been waiting six weeks for my local gunsmith  to fit a new ejector on my zoli z gun   ( I supplied the ejector )   it was 90%  finished   just needed the rim cutting for 12 bore  and fitting for length   ,  I was told they have 5 in house gunsmiths   ?    guess they must be very busy ,     been shooting all sorts of shotguns    nothing as smooth  as my own !
ridiculous about of time for a fairly simple job 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t need too, my cabinet was designed to bolt to the floor and has got four holes in the bottom readymade.

I did need to drill the back to bolt to the wall tho...

Does the light go out when you close the door  ?      :angel:

Does the light go out when you close the door  ?     
default_angel.png

Yes... I fitted a sensor so it does exactly this. When the door is nearly shut, you can see the light turn off...

Back