Trigger Freeze

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey I thought some threads on here got a little personal at times but I don't ever recall anyone on here suggesting someone FOAD ......even if they were thinking it!!

I must admit I had a little smirk when one of the release trigger users suggested that the RT allowed him to attack the hard right hander on peg 5 and the hard left hander on peg 1 a lot faster than using a non RT. Hard right or left hander? in ATA ?? are they joking or what !!

Gotta luv the Yanks. Must be so gratifying living in the center of the universe. (Charlie excepted of course because he's part Brit now).

Oh and they forgot to mention that we Brits all have bad teeth!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey I thought some threads on here got a little personal at times but I don't ever recall anyone on here suggesting someone FOAD ......even if they were thinking it!!

I must admit I had a little smirk when one of the release trigger users suggested that the RT allowed him to attack the hard right hander on peg and the hard left hander on peg 1 a lot faster than using a non RT. Hard right hander? in ATA ?? are they joking or what !!

Gotta luv the Yanks. Must be so gratifying living in the center of the universe. (Charlie excepted of course because he's part Brit now).

Oh and they forgot to mention that we Brits all have bad teeth!

DT
and we aren't scared to swim in the sea when the Japanese whalers are about  :biggrin:

" Did you spend long working in The Diplomatic Service?? "

I actually did go for an interview, but the sift procedure was so boring I told them to stuff it, I think the barstewards were biased towards me, for being shy and retiring.  

well, like I said ..............

For the record, as those of you who have emailed me know, I'm semperfi909 and the FOAD post is mine.  I see now that the intended direction is not all that clear but WTF - it felt fine at the time.  :spiteful:

I know that meatheads abound everywhere, but it is still distressing when they are in such close profusion.  Unfortunately shooting in the US is closely associated with a particular political stance that attracts the adherents to an alternate/fantasy   :crazy:   history and reality.  

Which means that if you observe :pilot:   then you'll just have to be able to ignore the moronity and move on.  Tho I admit that I frequently find the task testing.

rock on

Mr.Salopian - I feel your pain

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like FOAD and am guessing as to what it means.......but i have several versions already....including a special Sunday one. :laugh:

Gee,

I really missed a lot in the last few days!

Hmmm, that thread seems to contain the same 'letter' that Jim Tyner posted on here!
On TS.com I post under ShotStop as that is our company that produces shot curtain material. Visit us here: www.Shot-Stop.com and see what a swell looking guy I am :mp3:

Having spent a fair amount of time in the UK I have to apologize for the ignorant deodorant remark. He obviously has only been to France and never to the UK or Orlando.

And, if any of you come to SoCal, I'll treat you to a round or two at Redlands Shooting Park and even let you try a release trigger for free! (anyone wearing a purple rosette gets an extra free round. ;) )

Looks good Jim. What % gets through?

I looked at Shotnet (German company) in the prep stages in the 4yr run up to London 2012. It was a 2 layer system and let about 20% through....so they looked at making it 3 layers thick. Then a second manufacture came along just after I left so I am not sure which one they eventually used.

Back on topic .....I will go for the purple if I get out there..... :wink:

Last edited:
Actually very little gets through. Only those that find a grommet hole or a small opening. By putting tarps on the ground in front of the curtain the shot can be swept up, reloaded that night and shot again the next day. Redlands is getting $28.00 per 25 pound bag of the recovered shot.

We are bringing out an aramid fiber material(think Kevlar) next month which should withstand impacts at 40 yars making it possible to contain skeet fields and bringing trap fields under 70 yards.

Gee,

I really missed a lot in the last few days!

Hmmm, that thread seems to contain the same 'letter' that Jim Tyner posted on here!

On TS.com I post under ShotStop as that is our company that produces shot curtain material. Visit us here: www.Shot-Stop.com and see what a swell looking guy I am :mp3:

Having spent a fair amount of time in the UK I have to apologize for the ignorant deodorant remark. He obviously has only been to France and never to the UK or Orlando.

And, if any of you come to SoCal, I'll treat you to a round or two at Redlands Shooting Park and even let you try a release trigger for free! (anyone wearing a purple rosette gets an extra free round. ;) )
My wife is French... I will introduce you. She will enjoy that comment,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to be terribly boring and return to the OP but I've come to the conclusion that my freeze is a confidence/fatigue thing, usually happens on round 2 or 3 on stand 5 (skeet) which is the one I've done least (no) work on.

Sorry to be terribly boring and return to the OP but I've come to the conclusion that my freeze is a confidence/fatigue thing, usually happens on round 2 or 3 on stand 5 (skeet) which is the one I've done least (no) work on.
That is it......you mentioned the skeet word :wink:

Come to the Darkside and you will be cured......

:wink:

nah between ESK, OSK, and Doubles there's enough to keep me occupied on the skeet layout to amuse me for a year or two, though if there was a Hellish ground within travelling distance I'd be seriously tempted.

DTL & ABT don't appeal - paint drying springs to mind and the other trap disciplines don't do much for me either

Don't know anything about COMPAK so.......and WTF is FITASC

Sporting is nice for variety

My ignorance of some of the disciplines is purely because I'm too lazy to trawl through the rules and regs and try to get them in my head, I'm more a sort of shoot it first and learn the regs as I go along. I don't normally read instruction manuals either :crazy:

The above are purely personal opinions and no fluffy bunnies were hurt in the process.

Pinching that one......will have lots of fun with that....lay a few traps.....get in trouble....and then explain.....Well that's fantastic....!!

:laugh:

Back