Testing Steel brands for Fitasc this Weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicola, you would be in a surprise that some of the big names in Italian shells do not pattern well! For a 24gr load to have any density at 75M, you need to choke up. There is no way in hell that half or 5/8 will consistenly kill going away targets at 75M! Put up a pattern and try it at 75M! A few years back at the Canadian Open, Marty Fisher screwed up setting targets and had a measure 100 yard target. Nobody hit it except this one Italian. We are allowed then 32Gr. Not only did he hit it. He repeated two more times. He had a Perazzi with Extra Full in the second barrel and shot 7.5s!Any target killed at over 60M whitout knowing the choke/cartridge performance at that distance, is skill and a lot of luck. My motto: "It is better to be lucky, than good and unlucky"! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Very true. I get bored of arguing with guys who say 1/4 murders things at 50,60,70 yards etc. Most of them wouldn't know 60 yard if it slapped them round the chops. And as you say Henry, it's about doing it consistently, not a one off lucky shot.

EdSolomons said:

If you make it up for a 100reg on Sunday nige the shells are on me for you and the lad. Plus you should be right next to east mids airport.
Nicola and Ed Thank you both very much for your kind offers but unfortunately I'm not goin to make it over this side of Christmas as Ian has not got appropriate photo ID /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif  apparently they won't accept a firearms cert (is this not a proper photo ID /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif )  and if I'm honest the cost would be a lot despite Nic's very kind offer, hopefully as usual we'll be back over to shoot the English Open in the Spring so maybe we can arrange a meet up then, tbh I'm devastated I can't get over in a couple of weeks time I've to think of bein fair to my family I'd be leavin home too, but I hope you guys all have a great meet up and take plenty of pics as I love seeing different grounds and set up'sThanks again /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifNigel 

EdSolomons said:

Very true. I get bored of arguing with guys who say 1/4 murders things at 50,60,70 yards etc. Most of them wouldn't know 60 yard if it slapped them round the chops. And as you say Henry, it's about doing it consistently, not a one off lucky shot.
Yep you could see that when we did the party testing at the end with the long distance looper you couldn't be that consistent  with the half choke but I believe if I had my gun with full and full the results and consistenty would have improved probably by the odd 1 or two targets, I will give it a go next time I am there and see what happens! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

For clarity Hen........ I do not shoot girly chokes!!! You will never see me changing chokes.... Not got any !!!:)))))))))))))))Everything gets the full monty. :))))))

Back