Teal Challenge at Grange Farm Sporting Clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds fun - but the 300 mile round drive might a bit OTT for 5 clays! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

If you use 36 gram you might only have to drive half way /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.

paulos said:

Sounds fun - but the 300 mile round drive might a bit OTT for 5 clays! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
 We could do our own 'Northern' version,but the only drawback i can see is finding a sporting ground in the north to hold it at /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif Azzurri.   

Agree - it is a long round trip - that's why I suggested doing it when there was a sunday shoot on as well... to get some value from the drive.

Well a good first day with 77 entries. Malc Husthwaite set the ball rolling by breaking his second target from 100yards. Then a bit later Gary Greet upped the anti by taking it to 105,110 and then 115yards followed by Ed Solomons who I believe broke his first bird from 115yards and then upped it to 120yards, Gary Then returned and upped it again to 125 and finally 130yards (With a 28g soverign 6.5) which has yet to be beaten  

That is some great shooting... be interesting to see how many people go into the shoot-off on 130yards

/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif 130 yards ... fantastic shooting

I'm going to come back with some 5s and hope the wind dies down- was tough work past 110 today. I think 135 will be broken by more than one person, possibly a new mark needed at 140 Adam!?

Good stuff /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, wish I could be there. Might be an idea for the organisers to sell big loads there by the box?

Ed do'nt get suckerding as to how far away it is.constraint on how well you can hit it,trust me 140 is not the end of it?You would probably believe me,it's not inpossible.just be positive,ive seen stuff killed/broken at that range for years

Personally I think anything over 130 yards it's more luck than judgment, carnt see it going over 140 with 36gram 5 shot and before you ask no I'm not upping the limit ! Yet .....

If your aiming at somthing how can it be luck if you hit it?

Latest posts

Back