Teal Challenge at Grange Farm Sporting Clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

£2 for 5 attempts to break a standard clay target from one of eleven marked distances between 85 and 135 yards £1 from each entry goes into the prize pot that will be paid to the person who breaks a target at the longest distance at our Christmas shoot on December 27th, maximum load 36gram and maximum shot size 5 All targets will be thrown as singles with full use of gun (two shots on auto's and pump-actions') Its that simple !

On the main site now as well - free advertising for you Adam : http://shootclay.co.uk/2011/10.....ing-clays/

Ill come out of hibernation for this! Make sure the cly is showing the concave side to the shooter- makes a real difference at that range! See you Sunday mate. (out for some beer with me and Reed sat night!? ;-))

Dont worry Ed the underside is on show just how you like it I believe, May sneak out sat night for a cheeky oneCheers Matt will do my best to spread the word about Shootclay.co.uk, if you have any fliers feel free to send me some for the clubhouse

How was it measured? Range Finder?Hopefully some of it can get filmed somehow to shut the disbelievers up once and for all.Sounds like a great idea can't wait to hear the results!!! Glen.

If I can get up there - with a ShootClay delegation - then I'll film us having a pop. Bearing in mind I struggled with teals at 10 yards at Weston, I imagine that no clays will be harmed during the making of this film.

50m tape measure and lots of patience, will see if i can catch it on camera but with such a distance between gun and target i don't hold much hope 

I imagine the smoke after I hit it will be visible for some time..... Coverrrrrr!

Flash Clays for filming purposes??? Camera situated on tripod pointing up towards the clay?? Could that work? Even without the flash clays camera on a tripod set up nearer the trap would work? Then you only need somebody to do a voice over etc? Glen.

A split screen approach like the darts would be the best bet, if it can be realistically done.

That would be the best solution - but difficult to achieve without a high speed camera with lots of zoom... I'm no expert, but high speed video might help here...

Split screen would be good. Flash clays are hard as arseholes wouldn't fancy one at 85yards!!!

Yeah true I am sure you guys can put up a full report on events shame I am not there to come have a blast sounds like great fun!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I'll not be able to make it the big teal shoot but I'll send my money over to Ed for him to shoot for me -- Ok Ed /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Just out of interest why is it capped at 135 yards? Someone is bound to luck into one at 150 yards I'd have thought!

The 135 yd mark was specifically picked to wind-up the person at 150 yds. :)

Latest posts

Back