Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
College Farm today, always a great event. A firm course which I wasn’t doing too badly on, then a really nasty fog came in around 11am. Cost us all several clays I think, but it tricked me into totally misreading a simple orange looper which I assumed was much nearer than it was. 4 down the pan there! (Mashed two afterwards easily by simply adding lead). Others hit it so I shouldn’t have over thought the fog so much. 85 might have been 91, which from yesterday is leading so far. Oh well, next time..

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to shoot my second Fitasc at tor view Saturday but they have cancelled it,wonder if you can book onto Sportrap at Southdown without a CPSA number!
Cancelled? Not by ground? Just spoke, at Coleys with a chap thats very much looking forward to shooting this on saturday 

As I plan to shoot my first reg at Horne CPC tomorrow does anybody know whether there’s any way to get a few clays in as practice beforehand? 

As I plan to shoot my first reg at Horne CPC tomorrow does anybody know whether there’s any way to get a few clays in as practice beforehand? 
I can't remember them ever having a Pool or practice stand at either of their two locations. It might be worth having a walk about and just starting on a stand that doesn't look particularly hard. 

I did a Masons shoot (as a guest) at Sporting Targets today. A very testing round (actually far too tough for most of the shooters). I got joint HG on 86. Also enjoyed the high tower challenge thing, getting 12 out of 15, missing last pair in a flap. Shame.. It all felt like a decent warm up for Westfield tomorrow though!

Lost my registered shoot V plates today. Horne Court farm. 

I got 52. Which isnt great, but onwards and hopefully upwards. At times it was persisting down horribly. 

AGL next on Friday with @Bebo
I actually passed up on Horne today due to the weather (I’m local). 

What types of presentation did you face?  

I actually passed up on Horne today due to the weather (I’m local). 

What types of presentation did you face?  
A nice mix when you've cut your teeth on fifty bird strawbalers. 

quartering away left to right, rabbit right to left, right to left looper, low going away, low fast lefty crosser, big incomer, r to l crosser, r to l batteau, sim pair of teals, over head midi, and a r to l midi. 

All in all good. And now it's bloody sunny 

Longridge today, not been out for near two months & on a new prescrition contacts wise so not expecting much, the latter does not pick up orange clays very well I found. On tod, not so much billy no mates as not really pushed a meet uo with chum / chums. Shot ground 1-3 then 6-11 then 6-5 hopped 5&6 as they looked v busy. Lost a few too my own inner daftness though shot what I thought were the “harder” stands quite well, a good many out and lots of catch up talk, not a score to walk away with a brown envelope but did walk away with a 😊 which I had been sadly lacking from some shoots the second half of this 2018.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves wherever, gor me my mojo is well and truly back.

oh HG was Glen Spalding 97 when I left, though Martin Myers was still out & blowing clays up so it might not hold 

Felt knackered today, still do, so didn’t go anywhere. Plenty on soon though. Say hi if you see me at AGL Woody. That will be a far better shoot than Court Farm, you will like it.

Lost my registered shoot V plates today. Horne Court farm. 

I got 52. Which isnt great, but onwards and hopefully upwards. At times it was persisting down horribly. 

AGL next on Friday with @Bebo
Well shot today.  You handled the sim pair of teals much better than I did.  You just need to pick up the clays a little quicker on some of the crossing targets and you'll soon be putting in scores 20 clays higher than that.

No particularly stiff targets today, but I managed to leak away ones and two's all the way around, which is frustrating.  Finished on 80, but with a bit more focus could easily have been another 6 or 8 more.

Also went to Horne and took the wife for company. Arrived about 45 mins later than planned due to an accident between J6 and 5 of the M25. Literally took 45 mins to do the last 1 mile to get off at J5. Never seen Court Farm so empty. I guess a combo of the traffic and weather. First few stands were dry but then the rain came and stayed. I started off ok but ended up straighting only 2 stands ending up on a 79. The highlight of the day was my ribs and chicken wing lunch at Smith & Western, Lingfield.

Westfield today and it took me 4 stands to wake up (in those stands I dropped 11); after that I dropped a further 7 around the rest of the course so much tidier shooting. Ended on 82.

EDIT: Just seen the scores in B class. I was nowhere near.....

Latest posts

Back