Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Will, did he have it in for you. Who the hell is he?  Congrats by the way on your win.

Damon

did you shoot the F3  Will ? 
And I want to know what chokes he used plus his breakfast routine and the type of rib he prefers, if he could give us details of his trigger break poundage and comb height that'll make my week.  :lol: :D :lol:

did you shoot the F3  Will ? 
Yes Clynt, shot nothing but for over a year now. 

And I want to know what chokes he used plus his breakfast routine and the type of rib he prefers, if he could give us details of his trigger break poundage and comb height that'll make my week.  :lol: :D :lol:
Well I did start my diet two days earlier. Must have been lighter on my toes.. as for the gun, God knows, picked it out of the rack and it fitted. ?

I'm already going to break my New Years resolution.  It's only supposed to get up to 5 degrees but I'm off to Court Farm in a bit.

Weston Wood.. Busy as usual and a good course as ever. Not sure I would have gone if I’d known how cold I would have got. Same for everybody, but I could feel I couldn’t move and react as well as usual. Also I got unlucky with some no birds, which put me off one or two, again, something I would overcome on a good day.. Managed 88 but it felt hard to do today for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just home from Court Farm. Managed to avoid the M25 carnage by taking a diversion through Redhill and Godstone.

Was quite wind affected. I fluffed a couple of the easier stands but then did well on some of the trickier ones. Managed a 71. Not bad after dropping 5 on the first stand. Could have been better but missed the first two pairs on Stand 12 overleading, only to rein it in and smash the rest.

Weston Wood for me today,very busy so a lot of standing about.made a mess of one stand dropping three,pink incomer followed by right to left rabbit,couldn’t see either clearly where i wanted to shoot them.I’m colour blind so they don’t light up as well for me against a wooded background,rest of the shoot shot ok apart from silly one aways,finished on 89 so happy enough.looking forward to Gunsite next weekend ?

Kegworth for us, for a pretty uninspiring round. Didn't  shoot well.

Home now ,totally underwhelmed.

Looking forward to gunsite next week.

Jasper 

Court Farm, 11 stands with 5/6 of them facing a low winter sun (may have time we shot it).  Targets freaquenly wind effected. Numerous referees who appeared to be no more than 15 yrs of age and no idea what they were doing. Car park no go area apart from 4x4s. Lost will to live after a few stands. Apart from that, it was OK.?

WestonWood also, oversleeping then breaking thr Mrs Vape machine, so flea in ear which didnt bode well.

Started, and one was on my tod at noon, finished at 3.30, big entry, lots of waiting, got cold, knees knocked and MrArthur Rightus played merry hell with my right paw, started reasonably well, as ever one does like tobe out shooting so it was all with a smile, was going like a train (for me) until a combination of waiting / cold / lack of ability sae me drop 13/26 to end on 70 which im ? with.

Lots of superstars there, screen not working so no idea of high gun / class scores

Word of praise for the scorers young & old they all looked frozen 

7/11 stands into the winter sun today plus some wind affected one stand ridiculously and a load of no birds made it a shoot i want to forget.....quickly!

2 or 3 stands were literally guess work and even the scorers couldn't tell,just guessed when to pull the trigger on at least 20 birds as unable to tell where the clay was  :frown:

No idea why he set it up like that as he knows how to work around it so downright bloody stupid really!

7/11 stands into the winter sun today plus some wind affected one stand ridiculously and a load of no birds made it a shoot i want to forget.....quickly!

2 or 3 stands were literally guess work and even the scorers couldn't tell,just guessed when to pull the trigger on at least 20 birds as unable to tell where the clay was  :frown:

No idea why he set it up like that as he knows how to work around it so downright bloody stupid really!
Court Farm?  

Latest posts

Back