SP1 vs 682 Gold E? Opinions on gun purchase decision..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gun purchased!

Gun: New B725 Sporter 2 in 32” with adjustable comb, extended chokes 

Shot with it today, really great piece of kit and I was able to shoot well on the automatic clay layout.

Looking forward to getting cracking now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun purchased!

Gun: New B725 Sporter Two 32” with adjustable comb, extended chokes 

Shot with it today, really great piece of kit and I was genuinely breaking clays for fun.

Right decision having owned several guns over the years the 682 gold e was the most dissapointing did not like the way it handled way to light and lively. Adjustable stock kept coming lose. final straw screw fell out of the adjustable trigger on shooting first barrel leaving the trigger jammed up against the trigger guard live round in the second barrel and a gun that would not open because of the jammed trigger bloody nightmare.

Congratulations on your new gun and I really hope you are very happy with it.  I have been following this thread right from the very start quietly in the background as I have found the advice and help from other more experienced shooters very insightful.  As a newbie also I have just gone through the very same process, although my budget was half of yours, but after many stressful weeks of searching, I fell onto a little gem and am extremely pleased.  Bisley is 10 minutes from me and who knows, we might just bump into each other.  Good luck.

Congratulations on your new gun and I really hope you are very happy with it.  I have been following this thread right from the very start quietly in the background as I have found the advice and help from other more experienced shooters very insightful.  As a newbie also I have just gone through the very same process, although my budget was half of yours, but after many stressful weeks of searching, I fell onto a little gem and am extremely pleased.  Bisley is 10 minutes from me and who knows, we might just bump into each other.  Good luck.
Thanks Gazz.

Perhaps we could even meet up for a few clays down at Long Siberia :)

Thanks Gazz.

Perhaps we could even meet up for a few clays down at Long Siberia :)
I have never shot at Bisley but I understand it is the muttsnuts :)  .  As soon as my insurance is confirmed then I would love too.  I have literally just come out of the training trap have had 4 lessons so very much the novice 😉.  Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Gun purchased!

Gun: New B725 Sporter Two 32” with adjustable comb, extended chokes 

Shot with it today, really great piece of kit and I was genuinely breaking clays for fun.

Thanks for keeping us all updated, glad you’ve managed to get yourself sorted with a great bit of kit 👍👍

I have never shot at Bisley but I understand it is the muttsnuts :)  .  As soon as my insurance is confirmed then I would love too.  I have literally just come out of the training trap have had 4 lessons so very much the novice 😉.  Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
No worries at all mate drop me a DM whenever you fancy it. 

Minor resurrection for this thread, just to mention that my new 725 has developed an odd little issue.

Certainly not a big thing but the forend is almost a little loose and/or ill-fitting. 

Whenever I apply pressure to the forend wood (example breaking the gun, picking it up, putting it together etc) there is a clicking sound and some slight movement to the wood itself.

Somebody today suggested it might be the metal forend loop responsible.

Reported to EJ Churchill who asked me to contact Browning, who in turn bounced me back to EJ Churchill. I’ve left it with Jon Ward at EJ as I trust him to get it looked at/sorted.

Fingers crossed a quick fix for a month old gun!

Probably just needs the screws tightening up.  My SP1 used to loosen up after shooting for a while.  A bit of locktite stopped it.

Minor resurrection for this thread, just to mention that my new 725 has developed an odd little issue.

Certainly not a big thing but the forend is almost a little loose and/or ill-fitting. 

Whenever I apply pressure to the forend wood (example breaking the gun, picking it up, putting it together etc) there is a clicking sound and some slight movement to the wood itself.

Somebody today suggested it might be the metal forend loop responsible.

Reported to EJ Churchill who asked me to contact Browning, who in turn bounced me back to EJ Churchill. I’ve left it with Jon Ward at EJ as I trust him to get it looked at/sorted.

Fingers crossed a quick fix for a month old gun!
I had just the same problem with mine, got told there was nothing wrong with it and to crack on. I never did find the cause, so sold it on in the finish, couldn't stand the clicking and nobody thought it serious enough to look into it. Best of luck.

Probably just needs the screws tightening up.  My SP1 used to loosen up after shooting for a while.  A bit of locktite stopped it.
Tried that, no joy. Does genuinely seem like a fit issue. I took a video actually, will upload here for anybody curious.

I had just the same problem with mine, got told there was nothing wrong with it and to crack on. I never did find the cause, so sold it on in the finish, couldn't stand the clicking and nobody thought it serious enough to look into it. Best of luck.
That's not good! Was this also a 725? Whilst not "serious" it really does make you less bothered about picking it up and shooting - which is an utter shame).

View attachment 89347C56-7183-4248-AA20-E9AC770BDD70.MOV

Yes mine was a grade 5 725. I've had a look at your video and yours is a lot worse than mine was. Mine was also intermitent, it would only do it some of the time, you could guarantee it would be fine whenever I took it in to be looked at. I would like to think that yours is bad enough to be sorted under warranty without any problems.

Yes mine was a grade 5 725. I've had a look at your video and yours is a lot worse than mine was. Mine was also intermitent, it would only do it some of the time, you could guarantee it would be fine whenever I took it in to be looked at. I would like to think that yours is bad enough to be sorted under warranty without any problems.
A month in I would really hope so!!

Was curious what it was you were describing as I have a three year old second hand Sporter One B525, so therefore without the warranty you have as I'm not the original purchaser, so wondered if mine might have anything similar going on that I need to check out, but mine doesn't make any noise like that and there is absolutely no way I would accept that as reasonable from a brand new gun! I'd be expecting Browning to be plumping up a new replacement if that couldn't be sorted sharpish.

Was curious what it was you were describing as I have a three year old second hand Sporter One B525, so therefore without the warranty you have as I'm not the original purchaser, so wondered if mine might have anything similar going on that I need to check out, but mine doesn't make any noise like that and there is absolutely no way I would accept that as reasonable from a brand new gun! I'd be expecting Browning to be plumping up a new replacement if that couldn't be sorted sharpish.
I agree.

Only concerning thing is I've found a few bits on other forums where people say the Browning warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on - and a couple of references to the exact problem.

I trust EJ Churchill as such a big name to come through in this case, as always will update here once I have more info.

As things stand I’m waiting on Jon to come back to me. 

The Browning or the Browning warranty isn't worth it's weight?

Thinking about it, I guess a second hand one would be unlikely to have anything like that as it would either be expressed in the price or it would have been rejected initially until Browning sorted it.

Latest posts

Back