MK38 Trap > Sporter recommendations?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job,a grade one will shoot exactly the same as a grade 5,might be a slight differance depending on weight of wood, but you can always add weight,bit more difficult to remove it !  enjoy, thats the main thing 👍

So, update..

I went cheap and purposeful. 

Bought a single owner MK38 trap (grade 1) in 32" barrels with factory adjustable system. In original condition. The wood is, well, a grade 1 but mechanically everything is spot on. 

Grand total of £900. Quite different to the £3600 I was nearly going to spend! Even going Teague with x4 chokes would only bring me up to shy of £1500. 

Thanks all for your input - glad I floated it on here before acting. 
Save yourself 500 quid and just get it regulated to 3/8 and 3/8  :biggrin:

Check  that the barrel selector moves from over to under . Some of then came with a pin fitted inside to fix it as trap shooters always fire bottom first . If it is fixed it’s not a problem it’s a two minute job to remove it . I’m sure you’ll be shooting it a bit before you play with the chokes , so  just enjoy showboating for a while  when everything you hit turns into vapour 🤣

Great choice, good lateral thinking, 

So shot the MK38 today for the first time - absolutely lovely piece of kit. 

It's set up in my best guess configuration (comb height, make-shift spacer added, original trap pad) but was a pleasure to shoot on my local grounds sporting layout. 

Looking forward to Tuesday, travelling up to see Mr Teague to have it properly fitted. Proper sporting pad, spacer added and filed in.

Once that's done I can finally get back onto the reg scene as it's been a frustrating few weeks away from it.

Save yourself 500 quid and just get it regulated to 3/8 and 3/8  :biggrin:
Mr Teague may well advise you to do exactly that.

He did a 3800 Trap for me years ago,  12 thou in one barrel and 16 in the other.

Just back from my visit with Nigel - probably one of the nicest blokes I've ever met. 

Going with a kick-eez pad, spacer and angling the heel of the pad off. Considered tweaking the stock to full monte carlo but feel it's one too many adjustments at this stage. 

Must have spent an hour and a half chatting with him, looking at mount, laser, making adjustments etc. Even got a tour of his (rather nice) house including the snooker room! Safe to say he's done very well from the sale of his business, but he still stands by "the job must be done right" which is great. 

Gun is being collected once he's done his part for Teague fitting (gone for skeet, 3/8, 3/8 and 5/8) extended thin wall chokes.

Nearly there!

Yes he is a true gentleman,  apparently the building that you point the laser down was the workshop where the choke business used to operate from .  

The work will be top end stuff. The transition on my stock from wood to spacer to Kickeez is as smooth as a smooth thing . 

The only down side is that from now on a big slice of excuses have gone 😂

Latest posts

Back