Southdown quite quiet? Quit quibbling.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Baker

Anyone else shooting Compak this weekend

Me Lainy Teepee Admin Maddmatt are but not much noise about it this time.

It's not surprising Southdowns quite.

I went down there 6 weeks ago. First 7 stands significant amount of no birds.

Having travelled 60 miles to get there. Went home when the 8th stand broke down as well.

They have some fantastic scorers down there and some complete dick heads.

I have seen the same scorer on many visits frequently arguing with shooters.

Simply dread him. I straighted his stand and he scored me 6.

Every one there said I straighted it. He was having non of it.

It's about time we are treated as paying customers and not taken for granted.

Southdown did not even answer emails.

If you need your squad times for this weekends Compak you will need to call the ground on 01903 877555 - due to illness these will not be posted online before the weekend.

To be honest, although I really enjoy the concept of Compak, I was so disappointed after the recent Barbury Grand Prix that I decided not to go Southdown.

Apart from Southdown being a good 4.5 - 5 hours round trip (on a good day), I did wince pretty hard at the £68 entry fee at Barbury and then having to pump in an extra tenner to be "in the competition", and then being denied the opportunity to look at targets before shooting, on two layouts, just because I can't walk very quickly and nobody could give a sh1t.

With Pam shooting as well, that is a massive £156 payout before the wheels on the Jeep had turned a single revolution, or having fired a single cartridge, or had even a sip from a cup of coffee or a bite from a bacon sandwich.

I really do enjoy the discipline, but not at those prices or that level of unfairness of not seeing the targets.

No Sirreeeeee - we are off to Barrow Heath for a registered ESP where at least we know we will get 100 interesting and challenging targets for a sensible price.

Sorry . . . . . . . . rant over !

It's not surprising Southdowns quite.

I went down there 6 weeks ago. First 7 stands significant amount of no birds.

Having travelled 60 miles to get there. Went home when the 8th stand broke down as well.

They have some fantastic scorers down there and some complete dick heads.

I have seen the same scorer on many visits frequently arguing with shooters.

Simply dread him. I straighted his stand and he scored me 6.

Every one there said I straighted it. He was having non of it.

It's about time we are treated as paying customers and not taken for granted.

Southdown did not even answer emails.
Unfortunately on my last visit to Southdown to shoot the county and South East region All Rounder I was not impressed, neither was any one else. The entry was pathetic with entrants from only four of the nine counties comprising the South East Region. The organisation was terrible and several complaints were received by the Kent committee afterwards.

Tink, he meant "quiet"...

But he's a Midlander, so we forgive him...  :crazy:

I also hope this will be a good comp - there's too much disquiet being muttered about Southdown lately.  It saddens me. 

For an 8 hr round trip I really don't think for the life of me we'd get anywhere close to the quality of the other compak shoots, will give this one a miss :preved:

Just a quick, and probably stupid question.

But I have shot Compak before and the results appeared under my name on CPSA website, but there is no listing on my page for the Barbury comp.

Can somebody please explain how that all works, and why the score was not "registered" ?

Ooooops ! Not even ordinarily stupid but mega stupid.

Note to Self  -  have one last check on official scores before complaining they are not listed . . . . . . . . . . Doh !!!    :crazy:

Latest posts

Back