snap caps

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's as broad as it is long, by firing on snap caps you can argue it's straining you're ejectors.

/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

hnachaj said:

What make shotgun? Do you leave it cocked and locked?Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif
Absolutely, cocked, shut, barrel down and locked in the cabinet. I bought a best pair when I started but as Clever notes they soon stop working as intended since the striker dents the centre despite my one having soft springs inside it. i read somewhere years ago that guns stored cocked for fifty years have been fired with zero issues.

I agree with Claycruncher, once the pins are released onto the caps the ejectors are then under pressure, 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other. I have snap caps with oily mops on to keep my Browning chambers from getting browner but I leave the pins under pressure.

If you are convinced that snap caps are a good thing, and they relieve the tension on your hammer springs.May I ask do you remove the road springs on your car overnight or jack the car up off all four wheels?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifIf you live in Liverpool I know the answer is Yes, but you have no choice, correct?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Back