Slightly different topic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic, I thought Double Trap was the toughest discipline as its never been straighted?......

If you hear a zipping noise that will be me putting on my Kevlar.... :fie:  

Charlie

I know nothing about actual shooting internationals. I am but a humble duffer so it does not effect me but when you talk about travel in the US you are talking, in terms of distance covered, higher mileages than most shooters cover traveling over Europe to compete. Do International class shooters get the fee's paid to compete within the USA?  For example if you live in NY and have to travel to LA for a comp that's a fair distance to cover and you will have bills. I don't think there is a comparable traveling distance within any European countries to those that may have to be travelled by US shooters domestically!

Been AFK for a while and this got away from me - prolly be 20 pages by the time I get this posted.

I'm not sure about just how expenses are covered now but not that long ago the members of the active team had all expenses covered.  'course if you bleww a couple shoots and were replace by an alternate then ........

For a while there were shooters, all disciplines, that were resident at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado, full team members, that had all expenses paid while they were in residence.  Not sure that still happens tho there alre lots of residents at the OTC.

The whole purpose of USA Shooting is to field teams of shooters that are competitive on the international scene.  Of course there is the requisite politics and opinions etc, but the shooters do not seem to get left behind.  Prolly not a perfect organization, but it certainly has its heart in the right place.  I don't recall the shooters complaining about it for several years now.  Like I mentioned there were probs in the past but they are making good way now it seems.

Pretty good site too - check 'em out

http://www.usashooting.org/

Charlie

there has been some discussion about moving the shotgun segment to Tucson

http://www.tucsontrapandskeet.com/

and shoot year round but I have no idea if USA Shooting is interested in that at all.  Been a topic for a while.  Hard to see how that could be a bad thing, but ya never know, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to come and try this then.....

zn0op0.jpg
Hurry! Hurry! guys places for this are filling up fast only 39 left due to the rip roaring excitement of 2 of the longest days you will ever experience :eek:  please remember to bring along enough cartridges 1 box will not quite be enough unless your a super vet in which case you may well have past away long before it ends or you decide to play Russian roulette :suicide:  to kill the boredom Take copious amounts of coffee laced with cocaine helps keep you awake and also be aware to leave plenty of time to arrive as the long queues (could be 40 cars long)  have been known :help:    It will be shot in squads of 6 shooting 3 targets at a time you will be called to shoot your turn with a load hailer next to your ear with the words WAKE UP :lazy:   if after the 5th attempt you are still asleep (highly likely) then you will be called again by this person :hairy:   but don't worry Her bark is worse then her bite. TRUE STORY....

With only 54 people who have shot ZZ this year (cpsa figures) some have only done 1 shoot  beware of the Queuing. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Fifty four people :secret:  in a year no way, those figures seem bloated somehow. That's like half what would turn up to a barn shoot in a day.

I bet even less shot double trap ?

On me mobile so can't be arsed trying to look :)

Mainly i think because it takes a long time to load the traps. This could be Bollox though.

Over to you nic

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhaahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahhahahhahahaaaaa

I knew there was a reason why I was still on this

It only took 6 pages before it went OT, so to continue the trend, if I was *sponsored* to shoot this helice competition I would definitley do it, just couldn't spend £100 of my own cash to do it, I mean that's 3 registered shoots!

It's a really odd discipline - shot by really odd people. Maybe they have to wake up the whirly birds before putting them in a trap.

Runs for shelter, wearing his hard hat and ear defenders.

Phil*

I watched some on youtube I thought it was quite interesting would have a go but to much cash to repeat  

my question of why it took two days was a serious one as there are two layouts so 600 clays each .and then maybe more people would have a go

I'm arriving late to this but in my experience, when people realise they have a bit of talent they start thinking about shooting for their country. Been there, sort of tried it, realised it involved lots of time and money, remembered I had kids, husband and a job and stopped bothering - yeah I'm not that talented but I'm a girl and to be blunt you don't have to be that great to earn third place in the ladies team.

I've seen a few in my time earn a place, once or twice and then stop bothering - they realise that they may be the best but they don't really get the proper recognition for being the best. When you are representing your country everything should be paid for: travel, accommodation, cartridges and clothes. Why bother if it's not funded? Where are the big rewards that you get in other sports when you represent your country?
The good shooters quickly get disillusioned and stop bothering. The CPSA should be funding the teams. If we had Digweed, Faulds, Hustlethwaite and Hall in our team plus the other slightly less obvious guys at the top, then we would wipe the floor with the rest of the world and then maybe, just maybe, shooting shotguns in GB might get the recognition it deserves

The cost is irrelevant if one can afford it. It is after all the closest discipline to the history of our sport so on the basis of nostalgia i am all for it and it looks like fun to me.

Well this has been a rib tickler. It is amazing how straying from the topic changes things !

Back