Shoulder mount

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then stop doing it. ?

But seriously, you need to "make" a shoulder pocket by raising your shoulder somewhat. Imagine you are a boxer, leaning with weight on front foot, your trigger/ punching hand is up at mouth level and ready to throw a punch to the opponents head. So, your gun mount shoulder is higher and further back than your other. That's roughly it.

as Will says,,,, so lift you elbow to the level of your shoulder,  it makes a pocket and muscle for the butt to fit.     I see folk shoot with arm touching their body :wacko:   OUCH!

Standard shop brought no recoil pad not skinny, broad shouldered. Thinking it maybe to long in the stock ? Or maybe I have just developed a realy bad habit 

Seem to have figured it out I have been dropping my right elbow down. Looking forward to getting out Friday and practicing my stance, thanks again

Sam... are you shooting gun down?   You could improve here by 10 mins a day 'dry mounting' - just mounting and remounting your gun at home (I use a mirror) to get the muscle memory in place.

As my crappy scores will tell you, I don't always get it right - but it has helped me be much more consistent, and understand what is going on as I mount my gun. 

Latest posts

Back