Shotgun certificate renewal ( photos )

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two year I underwent extensive Spinal Surgery 10 screws 2 rods and 2 spacers in lumbar spine loads of pain etc 3 month later visited my GP for pain meds etc during my visit I mentioned that I was concerned about falling backwards and the effect this would have on the screws
Fast forward 2 year and and shotgun renewal time, if I am lucky as Doctor has indicated that I have Anxiety now complete renewal pack returned back to me with note asking me to obtain more information from GP. Moral of the storeDoctory : Be careful what you say to your

My certificate runs out on Sunday at midnight and started to panic because I had not heard from the FAO. Last minute reprieve, the poor girl had C19 so could not carry out the necessary visit so my gun was going into lodging with a fellow shooter, however she tested negative yesterday and manage a short notice visit today and all seem well, although I will not get my renewal certificate before the old certificate runs out, I have been reassured that the system will show that a renewal has been recommended and no knock on the door from the boys in the base ball caps :D:D

Don't think I'd be leaving it that late before asking what the delay was :)

Don't think I'd be leaving it that late before asking what the delay was :)
This process was started back on the 15th May, which I thought would be plenty of time. There is no criticism of the Police, this is squarely at the feet of the Doctors surgery who couldn't get the forms right. I told them that the first medial proforma would be rejected as they hadn't filled it in properly, I was right and things didn't get any better. I phoned the police a couple of weeks ago as my referee or I had heard nothing but the helpline did tell me that the application was now with the visiting officer, but unfortunately she had contracted Covid and it looked like she would not make the visit on time, I had arranged for my gun to go into lodging, but the officer rang to say she tested negative and could visit, 3 days before my certificate runs out, that is why it appeared that it was left so late. A total catalogue of errors, but hopefully all is good now. I have kept all my previous paperwork so will offer it up to the Doctor next time round as an example of how to fill out the forms. The Police where really helpful and full credit to them.

Hi, when renewing a shotgun certificate how many passport size photos do you need to supply & do any of them need to be signed etc ? I have tried emailing/phoning my firearms department but it is easier to contact god 🙄
Depends what county you live most are on line but West Yorkshire still use the old hard copy application or they still were in June this Year

Finally got my sticky little mitts on my renewal, thank goodness. Seriously, what an experience and lets hope others do not have the same problems. Time to book a refresher and as early retirement looms, get out and enjoy myself.

Back