Shooting socks and garter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L

gents

is it good form to wear socks and garter when wearing trousers and wellies, or is it just worn by the breeks brigade?

cheers

mike

I've never seen anyone wear socks and garters with trousers as the trousers ruffle up under the socks where you would wrap the trousers round your calf to use the slack up, and I think they wouldn't look right. It depends on the standard of shoot your going to really. I've been on a few 100 to 200 bird days and there is always a couple of people wearing trousers instead of breeks and socks. Don't rule out breeks though, I bought a pair of seeland woodcock breeks last year and I must say they are very comfortable to wear with wellies, once you get used to wearing them.

Not sure why you don't buy a pair of breeks if you want to look like you have breeks on?

Personally I perfect the fit of my wellies with just socks and garters,

Its a pie thing.

All sounds a bit fettish to me but I like the sound of it on me Mrs. 

Listen mike it's a free country and what these gentleman get up to in there own bedroom is of no concern to us. As long as it's consenting adults then they can legally mess about with wellies breeks and garters to there hearts content. Whatever floats yer boat.

Personally I would not have gone public but that's just me.

Latest posts

Back