Shooting car

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery condition is the major parameter in stop/start engines. It takes a lot of juice to turn an engine over so if the system detects that the battery charge is not optimum it will not stop the engine until such time as it does reach optimum level, typically after starting from cold, lots of slow speed driving/sitting in traffic or manual stopping/starting of the engine ( school run, etc).

Auto-hold brakes on my VW with DSG auto gearbox allows me to out-smart the stop/start system so I decide when I want the engine to stop/start by just keeping my foot on the brake pedal. Otherwise I let the Auto-hold brakes hold the car at junctions, in traffic, etc.

Still not convinced by the benefits of stop/start unless you are going to be stationary for sometime.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt understand any of that :)

I turn a key then off i go and 48-52mpg later i bung more stuff in the tank and do the same again.

Berlingo! Ian hang your head in shame recommending I buy a french van with windows... Shame on you

I thought the same mate but it is the dogs doo dahs very comfortable driving position drives great loads of room and fully loaded with cruise Bluetooth climate privacy glass etc was half the price of ford kuga i had before it. I kill them quick with high business miles and i got fed up with wasting money. Liked it so much i got Mrs ips a citroen C1 great little car 20 quid road tax 60mpg

whats not to like.

No idea just how good it is for the overall fuel consumption, but according to the blurb that came with my car, where it is also standard kit, the decision to turn the engine off or not is based on a multitude of parameters. In use, I've noticed there is no direct correlation between it kicking in and how long the car has been still.
True, there are some fairly obvious instances where the system will not activate such as when the car has yet to reach optimum operating temperature, mine will often (but crucially not always) cut in with the air con running because presumably it knows whether the battery state is optimised. 

It may be that which has given the impression of there being no direct correlation in the car having been stopped, in reality all things being equal, there has to be a pre-programmed time factor. 

Again me no understand :)
Don't worry Ian, it's all to do with saving the planet and wot not! Loads of clever ideas, all puts the price of the vehicle up and they make a bomb out of it of course. 

The wife has one..............can't fit a gun in a slip in the boot width ways  :fie:

Can in the superb though I think
They look a proper useable shape too,surprised by that Phil.

The wife has one..............can't fit a gun in a slip in the boot width ways  :fie:Can in the superb though I thinkThey look a proper useable shape too,surprised by that Phil.
So was I! Fantastic car otherwise. Even parks itself.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

They look a proper useable shape too,surprised by that Phil.
It has always surprised me about gun slips fitting in the boot of some cars, I have a Honda Jazz which is classed as a small super mini and yet my 32" gun will fit diagonally inside the boot, the same gun needed a push to fit inside the boot of a Laguna 5 door ! The Renault Scenic can accommodate a slip but a Megane which is classed as medium size will only cope if you break the gun ! Even large 4x4's will often only take guns in diagonally and some won't at all.

Multi space will accommodate two people sleeping in the back, that should be big enough :)

Don't mock, but I'm considering changing the L200 for a Ssangyong Korando not sure the dealership would be impressed if I walked in equiped to check whether my gun would fit across the boot. Other thing I need to check is just how much of a palaver it is to change the bulbs.

Berlingo, Kangoo and Partner three of the most popular vehicles here by a good margin a cheap do all and you can get a 4x4 version too. Yes it is a van with windows but that is where the versatility comes in... I don't have one but know loads of people who do and they all love them.

edit

The fool who spends £50k on a 4x4 will lose more in the first couple of years than a new ber, etc will cost... just to make you all sick did I mention a litre of diesel costs €1.26 or less!! Which is about £1.00 and we don't pay road tax! My brother drives a VW turag V10 5L even with cheap fuel nobody can justify that sort of sh*t.

I had a Skoda yeti and the gun fitted in no problem - one of the good things about the car is you can move the back seats around so maybe they just need to be shifted forward an inch or two.
I also took my gun into a variety of dealerships to ensure my gun would fit in the boot. They didn't seem too bothered.

Don't mock, but I'm considering changing the L200 for a Ssangyong Korando not sure the dealership would be impressed if I walked in equiped to check whether my gun would fit across the boot.
ce.jpg

Back