Shooting car

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two year wait for a Macan tells me it is a cracking car, chubby the Macan S diesel goes like stink! Do like the new disco sport but might run in to a similar issue with waiting lists. Might have a day doing test drives
If you fancy a test drive in a Macan of Cayenne send me a PM and I can arrange. As long as you don't mind coming to Reading.

If you fancy a test drive in a Macan of Cayenne send me a PM and I can arrange. As long as you don't mind coming to Reading.
Reading is fine, how much notice do you need to arrange a test drive of a Macan?

If you could send me your details in a PM I will speak with the relevant guys on Monday when I am back in the office and arrange something, I would have thought it should be fairly quick as we have a few cars available.

Two year wait for a Macan tells me it is a cracking car, chubby the Macan S diesel goes like stink! Do like the new disco sport but might run in to a similar issue with waiting lists. Might have a day doing test drives
One thing I can say about the disco sport, it will be the most comfortable car you will ever sit in while your waiting for the AA to turn up !!

Just been reading the What Car magazine and as much as I have always steered clear of the LR's the new Discovery Sport 5+2 looks stupendous value, very pretty with impressive mpg starting at £32k :)

The same issue has re run the test they did a few years ago with Volvo/Mitsubishi/Q5 and the X3 which the latter again trumped - described as the best sub-£50k SUV which is a massive understatement as it's only £33k :lol:

Skoda superb estate there huge handy in Diesel and all wheel drive available if you feel the need

I was in the same boat.
But with miles I do a suedo 4x4 wasn't an option.
520d estate.
Scotland and back on a tank.
Shooting gear for all.
Around £40k on the P11D

Had a look at the beamer tourers and they are still in the mix, just fancied something a tad different hence the Macan, having seen the reviews of this it is definitely 1st choice right now, will see what Rob can sort out

Well I've had my trusty VW Tourege 10 years now and best car ever had longest ever had a car and wouldn't sell it for the world I fact wife's been told to bury me in it!

Mine is the R5 you cannot get it now think you can only get v6TDI 35 mpg on mine never had a problem and now at 178,000 miles

Volvo xc60 every time. All wheel drive 40+ to the gallon speeding tickets are extra...
I really fancy one of these is 40+ realistic? Manual would like stop start, boss has just dropped his 520d for a Mitsubishi 4x4 hybrid plug in looks ideal if a company car....

I had a V70 AWD D5 manual and had a lifetime  mpg of 38 over 100k miles so it may well be possible.  I did used to drive mine hard.

I had a V70 AWD D5 manual and had a lifetime mpg of 38 over 100k miles so it may well be possible. I did used to drive mine hard.
That's good, it would the OH daily drive which is a commute across town hence thinking stop start version I only get 43-45 out mine on a run and that's 2wd...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good, it would the OH daily drive which is a commute across town hence thinking stop start version I only get 43-45 out mine on a run and that's 2wd...
Stop start is a bit of a gimmick if you ask me, the idea behind it is sound enough but in practice it can be a little annoying because the cut happens according to a set time of motionlessness, this doesn't necessarily correspond to fluid progress in slow traffic. It is very very clever no mistake but I doubt it has more than a miniscule role on economy. 

Have it on a van at work it seems to help I know it is/was an option

Last edited by a moderator:
Have it on a van at work it seems to help I know it is/was an option
Mine has it as standard spec but a button allows you to disable it, I love the technology behind it so it stays on but I suspect the button is there for the 2/3rd owners who may want to be spared the pain of fresh starter motors !  :unsure:   :twitch:

Forget badge image. If were talking purely function then citroen berlingo multi space. Loads of room 45 mpg excellent driving position get the xtr model and have all options fitted. At less than 18k whats not to like.

Ps

have long since given up on aspirational vehicles as 30k plus per annum i just buy one that fits these days.

Stop start is a bit of a gimmick if you ask me, the idea behind it is sound enough but in practice it can be a little annoying because the cut happens according to a set time of motionlessness, this doesn't necessarily correspond to fluid progress in slow traffic. It is very very clever no mistake but I doubt it has more than a miniscule role on economy. 
No idea just how good it is for the overall fuel consumption, but according to the blurb that came with my car, where it is also standard kit, the decision to turn the engine off or not is based on a multitude of parameters. In use, I've noticed there is no direct correlation between it kicking in and how long the car has been still.

No idea just how good it is for the overall fuel consumption, but according to the blurb that came with my car, where it is also standard kit, the decision to turn the engine off or not is based on a multitude of parameters. In use, I've noticed there is no direct correlation between it kicking in and how long the car has been still.
As i understand it it wont shut down when engine is cold as it takes more to restart so not worth the bother/extra fuel emissions this means on short trips it may not shut off at all.

Back