Rugby and District Trap Club Helice Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

Well, I have just come back from my first go at Helice at Rugby Trap Club with Nicola Heron, Adam Curtis, Graham Evans and Ben Lycett.

Great fun at a really well organised shoot (thanks to John Nightingale)

Tough, unpredictable targets in the crazy wind but a really good atmosphere and great company - WELL worth the entry fee. Give it a try people!

Congrats to Graham Evans as overall winner! (Quite happy to have nicked some cash off you in the pool shoot off though!)

Ed

Sheesh kebab I wish I'd had known about this , I keep threatening to shoot helice and rugby trap club is only down the road......doh

Thanks Nicky - I think I need to read Phil Coley's book! Needed one of the last two targets for second place...HONK HONK!  :suicide:

Don't worry about tying with a girly Ed.

You shot fantastically well....and as I was directly behind you I could see some of the very tough birds that you smashed....and yes my ass was twitching... :wink:

You took to it like a natural....and peeps.....it was an extreme day with the wind taking things out.

You should take it up..!!

Also nice to meet Benjamn ........a truly great 'snapper'.....in reality he is a very fancy phoooootooooographer (who sometimes gets to photograph almost naked women....don't you know....luck man..!) I hope you post the one of Ed and the wind turbines. It looks fab

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-1173-0-67174100-1376765751.jpgNot worried about that at all, was shooting in very good company, thank you for the encouragement and advice!

New goal, maybe a GBR badge in the offing!  :pilot:

I'll put the commentary pic up below...above!

Attachments

• BJL_0399humour.jpg
    BJL_0399humour.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Are the helice targets those really big things in Ed's picture, they look a bit like 'wind turbines'?

Might have to venture to A1 next time and try this Helice Lark for myself if they are that big... :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back