Juniors shoot free at Rugby & District Trap Club

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

In an effort to encourage more juniors into trap shooting John Nightingale at Rugby & District Trap Club has informed me that as of 1st January juniors (under 19's) can now shoot any registered ABT or UT comp free of charge for 'Birds Only' or £10 Full Competition entry, without the need to be accompanied by a paying senior, vet, etc.

Helice entry fee is also greatly reduced for juniors to £15 Birds Only or £20 full competition entry.

Rugby have always offered reductions for junior entrants but this latest very generous offer is most welcome and hopefully will encourage more juniors at Rugby from now on. It would be nice for Harry to have some junior competition although not holding my breath.

Check out the Rugby website for upcoming fixtures (don't trust the CPSA one at the moment as its all to cock).

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good news providing his regular (senior) customers aren't subsidising this.

I don't think so Jan. In fact it could attract senior shooters with there offspring so everyone is a winner. If John gets an extra senior it will only cost a quid or whatever for the juniors shoot.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that all entry prices for seniors, vets and super vets are going up to compensate the ground.........not!

Unbelievable!

Before making disparaging remarks regarding junior discounts at Rugby, perhaps a sensible move for Jan Powell would be to check and realise entry prices at Rugby have not changed. Why not try being upbeat ! ! It doesn't hurt ! !

Not disparaging at all. I'm all for encouraging new blood but it has to be recognised of those that shoot as colts, relatively few are still shooting regularly 5 years later. There's so many distractions and other activities for young people these days.

Promotions to encourage participation are fine providing it's not being subsidised by those that pay the bills.

Jan has a valid point. Not many young shooters stick at it once they find beer and girls. Of the few that do then good for you but introduction of young shooters into the sport is not imo the future of our sport despite common belief. What Jan is saying (I think) is do not forget that the bread and butter for any ground is middle age fat bloke so do not alienate him or indeed her.

Anyway cheap or free entry for juniors is not for the benefit of junior it's for the benefit of dad's pocket.

Jan has a valid point. Not many young shooters stick at it once they find beer and girls. Of the few that do then good for you but introduction of young shooters into the sport is not imo the future of our sport despite common belief. What Jan is saying (I think) is do not forget that the bread and butter for any ground is middle age fat bloke so do not alienate him or indeed her.

Anyway cheap or free entry for juniors is not for the benefit of junior it's for the benefit of dad's pocket.
i am that middle aged fat bloke!

"Anyway cheap or free entry for juniors is not for the benefit of junior it's for the benefit of dad's pocket". ..if dad can't afford it then it is for the benefit of the junior.

we have already established that prices did not rise but even if they had say 50p a shoot,12 shoots a year,sick squid over the year so approx 0.08 of a percent of your costs over the 12 shoots for supporting the "possible" future of shooting.

thought we were a shooting community?

incidentally i do not have children!

Just to clarify. I am all for it as it meens that dad can afford to shoot as well and he will still be shooting in five years when junior is galavanting around some university campus.

i am that middle aged fat bloke!

"Anyway cheap or free entry for juniors is not for the benefit of junior it's for the benefit of dad's pocket". ..if dad can't afford it then it is for the benefit of the junior.

we have already established that prices did not rise but even if they had say 50p a shoot,12 shoots a year,sick squid over the year so approx 0.08 of a percent of your costs over the 12 shoots for supporting the "possible" future of shooting.

thought we were a shooting community?

incidentally i do not have children!
Is that a new currency Schmokinn - sick squid - where can I get these?  (Sorry could not resist). :)

Latest posts

Back