Remember when?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Does anyone remember when they stopped issuing the old type of shotgun certificates? The ones that were about the size of a postcard, they had no details of the guns you owned and no photo on them either. Any idea anyone?

I've still got my old one dated from 11/3/1989-10/3/1992. It was stamped as Firearms Form 16.

Not sure the exact date the photo one's started.

Never seen one of those.... someone should upload a scan/picture...

I remember in 1966, at the age of 14, I got a paper gun licence from the post office and had it in my shooting bag until 2007 when we lost many items in the floods. I think the price was 10/- or in todays money £0.50. My god I am sounding like my grandad when I was just a kid. I think I will stop there.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember in 1966, at the age of 14, I got a paper gun licence from the post office and had it in my shooting bag until 2007 when we lost many items in the floods. I think the price was 10/- or in todays money £0.50. My god I am sounding like my grandad when I was just a kid. I think I will stop there.

Phil
We are round about the same vintage mate! :D :D

Oh come on Mike it's easy mate!!!! You just give to your grandchildren and they get it sorted in no time! .!! :D
I'll have to wait until I get a home visit from my eldest.

I also had the 10 bob gun licence.

I'll have to wait until I get a home visit from my eldest.

I also had the 10 bob gun licence.
Mike, things were so much easier in those days AND we had less bloody gun crime too! So much for all that Govt. interference! :eek: :wink:

That was the first time I came across paper that wouldn't tear. Mine had little dents down the side where I ahd given it to someone to try tearing it

That was the first time I came across paper that wouldn't tear. Mine had little dents down the side where I ahd given it to someone to try tearing it
Yeh I think that paper was coated with something, it seemed sort of waxy if I remember correctly?

Mine was just plain paper....1988 and ran out in 1991 .....then went onto new style with photo.

Will try to post a photo from iPhone but don't hold your breath!!!

Might have to be done from elsewhere :)

These are dated 1981 to 1984 and are post card size folded in half.

I think the next one was the latest type

post-896-0-70346300-1349209269.jpg

post-896-0-63546600-1349209401.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• File2_edited-1.jpg
    File2_edited-1.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0
  • File1.jpg
    File1.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 0
Pretty sure my first one was a photo one, that was 89 I think, certainly not later than 90 :)

Latest posts

Back