New Gun Trader Web Site

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRINITY

Just had a look at the new gun trader web site and I think they have made it much worse than the old design, Some of the less common shotguns aren't even listed. I could only find one Zoli for instance. I also found it far more difficult to do a detailed search. Would be interested to know what anyone else thinks

Its absolutely useless most of the functions don't work, selected  barrel length 32 inch and it came back with 0 guns for sale. Guntrader can we have the old site back please 

I don't know why but it seems to be a trend to make software as unusable as possible. 

It's a bit worrying when they talk about AI (and I've never seen any that beyond well rehearsed scenarios doesn't have major problems or just doesn't work) when the current batch of software nerds can't get the basics right.

Driver less cars? More like Driver less carnage. 

Like all things, Software engineering was done by properly by cleaver people who were paid properly. Now it's kids who's training includes time on a Rasberry pie and 20 mins watching a YouTube video. Because they are cheap. 

Sorry, Rant over. I'll go and lay down. 

As everyone above it's a waste of time now. Went on it to advertise a shotgun and after trying it out gave it a miss. 

Looks like they’ve turned a bang average, yet functional, website into something that’s just not fit for purpose anymore.

Hopefully the boffins will have this rectified over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it, but at the moment it's useless, hopefully the dealers/shops who advertise there will make their voices heard. I certainly wouldn't be wanting to spend my advertising revenue on it at the moment

Edit, well that's no surprise, just tried a couple of shops that used to link to guntrader, just comes up as 'miss fire ooops we took our best shot for you and missed' 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when they get the few glitches worked out in it it will be better than before.

Couple of key improvements I've noticed is the search radius from post code, and the couple of extra result sorting specs of nearest results first and newest adds which is handy if your checking routinely for a certain gun or not keen on travelling far.

Just needed a bit more working out before release really, but no doubt they'll get it working right soon.

I liked the county search.  

I'd be really miffed if I was a trader paying for it.

What's really surprising is the lack of acknowledgement there's a problem.

Well they better fix it asap, as if I was paying for that service I'd be asking for a refund especially the gun shops

Just try putting in a particular Brand/model and you are hit with a page of the Brand, you can search and enter a model but when you click on that you just get that one, you then have to start over again

Why change to this as the old site gave you multiple options RH/LH Barrel length new/used private/dealer region etc etc all down the left hand side. It's going to take a lot of fettling to get close to the old one 

Making software is hard.  Making software for profit is harder. 

As a matter of interest I contacted Gun Trader and informed them of what I thought of their web site and they have replied. They thanked me for my response and admitted they are aware of issues and trying to rectify the problems. 

Let’s hope they’ve at least managed to sort the security side of the site out. As it stands I can’t even create a new password or log in to the new one? 

Another thing to mention is with the previous version you could monitor and see how manny views your add was having. This was a useful tool which gave you an insight in the general interest. They really have take a step back but unfortunately theres nobody that's anywhere near what Guntrader is. They've gone very much like gunstar, difficult to navigate !!?

Latest posts

Back