Registered Competitions Prize Money

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting thread this,,as I'm new to the uk scene,,

just out of interest, the past 30 years in SA, I never heard of shooting for money,,only prizes at charity type shoots, bottle of wine etc.all shoots are for prestige , personal satisfaction, when winning a shoot, or class, usually a trophy or similar is presented. competition is quite fierce down there,, but it doesn't discourage the less able shooters,, the opposite in fact. the fact that most grounds are non profit clubs,, with member's owning the club,,and some own the grounds too.I might add the facilities are usually excellent too,, ask anyone who has been to a international shoot there,.

I realise its a different circumstances there,,, but this is just for your info!

Everything has gone up in price- shells, guns.

I suppose if prize money is used to support / improve the facilities rather than increase entry costs.

One or the other would be wrong.

I don't think the grounds can win.

Put on a big prize pot and big entry fee some would say waste of time going pot hunters will win it anyway.

I feel the balance is about right for me.

I was a club shooter for years. Got fed up with the politics in that.

Now only shoot comps.

I just enjoy the shooting even tho my scores have been low for some 12 months now.

The shoots I do are hard and scores are improving.

I win a bit of money here and there ( not a sandbagger).

It never bothers me how much.

good job we always subsidise the prize money then and never take high gun money out of the collective pot 

but it seems whatever any ground does there will always be someone unhappy with it so i guess we will just plough on in the same direction 

the point about facilities is a good one , churchills , rbss , west london , all fantastic and in my view worth more money than a chucked together sharrabang down the road .

i am truly amazed that nobody has questioned the rule book and ethics of practicing a ground the day before a reg shoot , rules say you cant do it , but it happens ( hassen to add i have never done it  ) but it is tempting sometimes to open for this practice and earn more money from the weekend , but we will stay a true competition ground that caters for everyone 

good job we always subsidise the prize money then and never take high gun money out of the collective pot 

but it seems whatever any ground does there will always be someone unhappy with it so i guess we will just plough on in the same direction 

the point about facilities is a good one , churchills , rbss , west london , all fantastic and in my view worth more money than a chucked together sharrabang down the road .

i am truly amazed that nobody has questioned the rule book and ethics of practicing a ground the day before a reg shoot , rules say you cant do it , but it happens ( hassen to add i have never done it  ) but it is tempting sometimes to open for this practice and earn more money from the weekend , but we will stay a true competition ground that caters for everyone
If no one can be "practicing a ground the day before a reg shoot" that's the likes of Coleys EJC eta all?? Seems harsh, would imagine there are a lot of grounds that anyone can shoot up to the day before a reg but surely the actual register shoot layout is changed or am I a bit naive?

If no one can be "practicing a ground the day before a reg shoot" that's the likes of Coleys EJC eta all?? Seems harsh, would imagine there are a lot of grounds that anyone can shoot up to the day before a reg but surely the actual register shoot layout is changed or am I a bit naive?
Do you think that at 6pm on a Saturday when all the shooters have gone home the staff at these grounds then set a new 12 stand 100 bird sporting up for the next day?

Do you think that at 6pm on a Saturday when all the shooters have gone home the staff at these grounds then set a new 12 stand 100 bird sporting up for the next day?
I usually wait till 8pm !!!   :crazy:   :crazy:

Nothing wrong with practicing "a ground" as long as it's not the same course. I do hope Gunsite shift it all around.. I did go years ago to widdington on a Thursday, returning for the reg shoot on the Sunday and it was all much harder! Certainly EJC set it all very new for the course.

There is a solution to all this - vote with your feet. If you're not happy with entry prices/toilets/food prices/ targets/ prize funds then go elsewhere. Easy.

No. Ian. No.

I've been married tooooo long to my Lesley.

I'm back now.

It was like the Adams family wedding only worse.

Never ate a thing in case I got poisoned and could not go out shooting on Sunday because of the trotts.
sounds like my wedding to the first Mrs nut job, Adams family just about sums it up, cant even blame it on drink as i was tea total at the time. Oh well at least i got shut of the mad cow although it did cost a tidy bit. Never spent money on anything more worthwhile though :)

sounds like my wedding to the first Mrs nut job, Adams family just about sums it up, cant even blame it on drink as i was tea total at the time. Oh well at least i got shut of the mad cow although it did cost a tidy bit. Never spent money on anything more worthwhile though :)
Amen to that, I got rid of my Mrs but job for £5k, but it has saved me 10 times that in the long run, luckily for me she thought the grass was greener, it wasn't and when she wanted to hop back over said fence it was then electrified and heavily guarded!

I'm sorry to hear that Ian.

But it kinda explains a lot of things.

Like your leaning towards ladies outfitters for your shooting attire.

The moisturiser to keep the anti-scruffiness at bay so you don't get mistaken for a sporting shooter.

Also the telepathy thing with Les.

The much debated soon to appear LIST.

It must have had a lasting effect.

I find sniffing the spent shells helps.

You may have a point :)

Ps

the list is active in cocktail lounge :)

This is why it best not to go birds only

Thanks George young Proper Cartridges

post-478-0-26601900-1411331051.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back